We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thinking of booking Hawaii 23 - advice please

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
United Kingdom
reviews: 13
Thinking of booking Hawaii 23 - advice please

Aloha

I am thinking of booking Hawaii 23 for a transfer from Airport to Hotel. I have read that the vehicles that are used do not feature their logo & I wondered how we will know who is picking us up & where from. I have a mobile but I am from the UK and not sure if it will work in the US. Any advice would be gratefully received.

Many thanks

Jane

42 replies to this topic
FL
reviews: 116
31. Re: Thinking of booking Hawaii 23 - advice please

We booked an airport pickup with Hawaii 23 based on other online reviews for airport shuttle services in Honolulu. Our flight landed early, and Mark ended up not being the one who picked us up - I think it might have been his son or another employee. We did have the van to ourselves, and it was $23 (plus tip) for three people and all of our luggage, and it was just us in the van, and we think this was a good deal. We definitely didn't get the extras that Ryan R and LA_sonia (above) got. We waited to be picked up for about 15 minutes, but that didn't bother us. The traffic in Honolulu is much worse than we would have expected, so we were glad we took Hawaii23, instead of taking a cab, which we think would have cost more $, or renting a car, which we didn't need anyway, for the first couple of days.

However, when we contacted him both by phone and by email regarding getting a ride back to the airport for our departure, he didn't respond to our inquiries timely. He ended up responding, and only by email, about 2 hours before we had to leave the hotel for the airport, telling us he was already booked that afternoon. We ended up dropping our rental car at the airport instead of in Waikiki, where we had rented it. This cost us about $50 extra for the rental car, but we didn't have much other choice, at that point. My advice is if you think you will need the ride back to the airport, book it before you exit the shuttle at your hotel.

Dallas
reviews: 22
32. Re: Thinking of booking Hawaii 23 - advice please

I have always booked and confirmed with Hawaii23 for both ends of my transportation before I left on my trip.

Never had any problems.

Carlisle, United...
reviews: 81
33. Re: Thinking of booking Hawaii 23 - advice please

Do it. We did and the service was superb. They were waiting at the airport for us by the time we arrived, the driver was very friendly, knowledgeable and very easy to chat too. The return journey, the driver was at our hotel 10 minutes early, we didn't have to call them to remind them. They were there as arranged. Again the driver was very friendly and efficiently took us to the airport. All this for $23 each way. No buses. no taxis no crowds pushing and pulling at the airport and no taxi drivers ripping you off. What more do you need to get you to your hotel after a long long flight? Simply brilliant and very very good value for money.

Vancouver, BC...
reviews: 39
34. Re: Thinking of booking Hawaii 23 - advice please

Mark and his crew are amazing, we have used his service multiple times and are always more.than pleased. He is very personae and the service is totally fair! They give.you specific instructions to follow once you land and if you follow them you have nothing to worry about. The last time we landed we just walked out and he was already waiting for us! Book with confidence!

35. Re: Thinking of booking Hawaii 23 - advice please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:35 am, July 16, 2013

36. Re: Thinking of booking Hawaii 23 - advice please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:35 am, July 16, 2013

Vancouver, BC...
37. Re: Thinking of booking Hawaii 23 - advice please

Mark doesn't pick.up or drop off multiple parties...only yours and way better than a cab!

Vancouver, BC...
38. Re: Thinking of booking Hawaii 23 - advice please

Mark and his crew are amazing, we have used his service multiple times and are always more.than pleased. He is very personae and the service is totally fair! They give.you specific instructions to follow once you land and if you follow them you have nothing to worry about. The last time we landed we just walked out and he was already waiting for us! Book with confidence!

Sydney
reviews: 31
39. Re: Thinking of booking Hawaii 23 - advice please

I used Hawaii23 on 4 occasions in Oct/Nov and found Mark to be an excellent driver with very good people skills. He offers a personalised service which I appreciated. I will use his service next time I am in Hawaii.

Austria
reviews: 198
40. Re: Thinking of booking Hawaii 23 - advice please

We were NOT satisfied with Hawaii23 . On the trip to the hotel the driver wanted to show us Honolulu with a trip along the waikiki beach. I told him that we DO NOT want to have this and we want to go directly to the hotel because we want to go to the beach as soon as possible. He told me that he does this because he likes it and so we have to do it:-( At least we arrived at the hotel and he started to tell us that he wants to have more money than the 23 Dollar agreed because of his high costs:-(

We also booked the transfer back to the airport. The transfer was on time but the surprise was that we were NOT ALONE as agreed. There was a second couple and so we had to make another stop at the airport because we were not going with the same airline.:-(

Next time we will not book them again.

Reply to: Thinking of booking Hawaii 23 - advice please
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted