We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lomi lomi massage - Waikiki or Poipu?

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ottawa
reviews: 7
Lomi lomi massage - Waikiki or Poipu?

I've been told these massages are amazing, and I am looking for an authentic one. I will be in both places - Marriott Waikiki and Sheraton at Poipu. Looking for something close by the hotel. I think they do them at the hotels I'm staying at as well. Recommendations would be great! thanks.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
reviews: 344
1. Re: Lomi lomi massage - Waikiki or Poipu?

Will you have a car on Kauai? If you will, the best, most authentic Lomi Lomi you can get is from Aunty Angeline. Her place is just north of Kapaa, about 30 miles north of Poipu and she is amazing.

http://www.angelineslomikauai.com/

ottawa
2. Re: Lomi lomi massage - Waikiki or Poipu?

I read an article about her in Islands magazine. it sounds great but also a 2hr time commitment plus travel. I would need to find something for my son to do at same time (16). could leave him at hotel or something near Angeline's of interest? any idea of cost? not listed on site. thanks!

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
reviews: 344
3. Re: Lomi lomi massage - Waikiki or Poipu?

Your son is fine on his own at the Sheraton for a few hours. He can swim at the beach, it always has people at it, hang in the pool, walk to Bubba's for a burger, Poipu Village for a Puka Dog.....

ottawa
4. Re: Lomi lomi massage - Waikiki or Poipu?

I see that a few hotels in Waikiki offer them, for a variety of prices. - e.g. Heaven on Earth Spa, Waikiki Plantation. the Marriott, but very pricey. It would be good to get massage after my long flight. any recs for Waikiki that are very good but won't break the bank? thanks.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
reviews: 3
5. Re: Lomi lomi massage - Waikiki or Poipu?

I recently had a wonderful Lomi Lomi massage at the Hyatt in Waikiki, and last year had one at the Hyatt in Poipu Beach. They are all very good, you will love it no matter where you experience it.

6. Re: Lomi lomi massage - Waikiki or Poipu?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 13, 2011