We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Helicopter Tours- need your thoughts

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
reviews: 2
Helicopter Tours- need your thoughts

We are considering taking a helicopter tour of the island. Is it worth the $$$? Also, can you get motion sickness? I've never been on a helicopter, but always wanted to give it a try. We are looking at the Oahu Experiance 60 min. flight from Paradise Helicopters. Any comments would be great! Thanks!

Albuquerque, New...
reviews: 5
1. Re: Helicopter Tours- need your thoughts

Have never done a chopper on Oahu, but should be a real treat. I have motion-sickness problems; what Blue Hawaiian calls the Eco-Star is somewhat smoother than older/smaller helos, but don't think anyone on Oahu flys them.

Suggest you give Ginger Extract capsules a try and also something like Drammine (it really zonks me so also need to down some caffeine. There is a non-drowsy Drammine, but substantially different ingredients; some folks endorse, but never gotten any relief from it).

Don't know about Paradise, but many companies offer a video of your flight; well worth the $'s. Also, wear dark clothing; reduces window reflections on the pics you take. One more thing; check tourist rags like "This Week on Oahu" for discount coupons.

Spring/Houston, TX
Destination Expert
for Houston
reviews: 102
2. Re: Helicopter Tours- need your thoughts

If you are only travelling to Oahu, go for it. If you are travellling to the other islands, wait until you get to them and then do the heli tours.

Palm Springs...
reviews: 68
3. Re: Helicopter Tours- need your thoughts

I would not spend the money for a air tour on Oahu. so much of the airspace is restricted that you see very little more than your flight in. The scenery , compared to the other islands is not that exciting

Kauai is a very important place to see by helo.

Maui is so-so.

Big Island best by airpalne rather than helo as it is so big

Albuquerque, New...
reviews: 5
4. Re: Helicopter Tours- need your thoughts

Got a chance to visit the Paradise/Oahu website; have to admit that their Helipad at Turtle Bay was news to me. Based on the listed itinerary, looks as though it should be an excellent trip.

Will be visiting Oahu in three months; think I'll give it a try myself; Mahalo for the tip!

Soddy Daisy...
reviews: 36
5. Re: Helicopter Tours- need your thoughts

Try a glider flight from Dillingham Airfield on the North Shore. It is much less expensive, much safer than a helicopter, and the views are incredible. The glider is towed to to 4,000 feet, and the pilot keeps you aloft approximately 1/2 hour. You can see all of the North Shore, Kaena Point, and over the mountains all the way to Honolulu. The flight is smooth as silk; don't believe air sickness would be a problem as the pilot would be upset if you shot your cookies in his plane.

Save your helicopter flight for Kauai. If you care to see my pics, email me at huberje@hotmail.com