We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best beach for the children in Waikiki

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, IL
reviews: 2
Best beach for the children in Waikiki

Could anyone recommend which beach would be best for children. We have 3 young children and are trying to find the best location for them. We are considering the radisson hotel. Has anyone stayed there and would you recommend the location. This is our first time going to Hawaii. Thank you for your help. I will check back.

Lubbock, TX
reviews: 8
11. Re: Best beach for the children in Waikiki

I will also be staying at the Radisson. If you are willing to gamble a little, it's very commonly offered through Priceline. It's one of two 3 star hotels commonly awarded in Waikiki South (the other being the Park Shore - but there are strategies that can improve your chances of getting Radisson). With virtually no risk you can get it from Hotline. Both are blind bids, but the from ameneties list on Hotline the Radisson is easy to pick out. Price? Typically $58-72 per night from Priceline with some risk, $74-82 from Hotline with no risk. These are for 2 people, lower floors, mountain side (though free upgrades are not unheard of).

Currently, the Beachcomber may be a sure thing through Priceline as the only 2.5 star in Waikiki South - typically can be had for less than $75.

Lubbock, TX
12. Re: Best beach for the children in Waikiki

Oops, reread your post. 3 small children. Hmm... Both Priceline & Hotwire guarantee accommodations for 2 only, and hotels are under no obligation to be sympathetic to other circumstances. Not considered good form to try and skirt the rules.

Montreal
reviews: 9
13. Re: Best beach for the children in Waikiki

We stayed at the Pacific Beach hotel with 2 small kids and I would recommend it over the Radisson. First off all the Radisson is one block from the beach and the Pacific Beach is right across the street from Waikiki Beach (Kuhio Beach). The Pacific Beach is right on Kalakaua Ave which is the main street of waikiki that fronts the ocean.

The entrance to the Radisson is on Kuhio Avenue which in my opinion can get pretty rough and rowdy at night. So I would not stay there because of the location. I do not know how comparable they are price wise.

Hope this helps.

Salem, Oregon
reviews: 5
14. Re: Best beach for the children in Waikiki

The entrance is on Kuhio----However, it is FAR AWAY from the rough and rowdiness at night. Pacific Beach is closer to the rowdier areas. There is nothing down this way as far as bars on Kuhio!

Montreal
reviews: 9
15. Re: Best beach for the children in Waikiki

This is a response to little lisa.

Techmom has never been to waikiki before and I was just suggesting that I felt more comfortable walking with kids on Kalakaua than Kuhio. Sure they are both busy streets and the rowdy areas are closer to Lewers but if I was to exit the Radisson not knowing waikiki and started walking towards Lewers in my opinion I would feel far safer walking on Kalakaua then Kuhio.

Plus the Pacific Beach is right across the street from the beach.

Salem, Oregon
reviews: 5
16. Re: Best beach for the children in Waikiki

Whoops, didn't mean to stomp on any toes there. I just wanted to reassure her the Radisson was in a great location. Read my own post back and thought, "How snotty!" Sorry about that:)

Saint Paul...
reviews: 91
17. Re: Best beach for the children in Waikiki

It's not Waikiki Beach but

at the Ala Moana Beach Park is an area call Magic Island

I have seen plenty of keiki (kids) there. pretty good spot.

For hotel The Radisson is okay.

Los Angeles
reviews: 1
18. Re: Best beach for the children in Waikiki

Mom - once you figure out where to go to the beach, in addition to sunscreen for the faces and legs each and every day at least twice a day, buy each child one of those new protective tops that are thin plastic, very comfortable, and very protective from the direct Hawaiian sun. One brand is Blue Planet. We bought one for our two-year-old which seemed expensive at the time, buy he's never had a sunburn in four trips to Hawaii, and now he has a blue one and a red one. They actually also help keep you warm when you leave the water.

You can check them out to get an idea what they are at:

blueplanetsurf.com/bp1/insidecategory.php…

Good luck and have fun in Hawaii.

Lubbock, TX
19. Re: Best beach for the children in Waikiki

Good post from JamezD. One of our local TV stations had a health segment just before the 4th weekend about how the SPF value of the typical T-shirt is astonishingly low, and that people think they are better protected than they are. They then talked about new fabrics with high SPF value. I believe these shirts are made of that stuff.

Chicago, IL
reviews: 2
20. Re: Best beach for the children in Waikiki

WOW!!!

Thank you all so much for the help. We are so excited about going. We will be there in August and so I need to get going on this hotel booking stuff.

I appreciate every one of your feedbacks. How wonderful a website this is!!!

Thanks to all!

Techmom.