We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pacific Beach Hotel

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
California
Pacific Beach Hotel

We stayed @ Pacific Beach in "06 and we had an oceanfront room...WOW a beautiful view!!!! I loved the fact that the room had a seperate vanity for me ( a lady) to get ready while my hubby was in the bathroom showering! There was a seperate sink outside the bathroom too and a nice sized fridge! Tile floor in the entry and mirrored closet doors with a house sized closet. Loved those features!!!!! I also liked the breakfast buffet, it was yummy in "06. (of course the Shorebird restaraunt had a GREAT buffet!!!) Now, this time my hubby and I booked a part ocean view room. Does anyone know if that room still has all the features I love (other than the view)????? I am soooooo hoping so!!! Also, a Starbucks is close by!! We had friendly staff and a little note * I dropped the coffee pot on the tile floor, and I cleaned it up, but the maid service put another in our room anyway and I wasn't charged for it. I thought that was friendly as well. I hope this helped and someone please respond if they know the answer to my question......

Toowoomba, Australia
reviews: 25
1. Re: Pacific Beach Hotel

We have stayed at the PBH 4 times in the past 7 years. The first time was in 2001 and we had a Partial Ocean view room in the Beach Tower on 10th floor. It was a nice room & we could still see the ocean from the balcony.

Since that stay we have booked the Oceanfront rooms and like you love the view from these !!

There was a slight difference in the rooms (but I havent had a POV room for many years now). The POV room didnt have the seperate vanity area or microwave. I dont think they had the separate wet-sink area either (sorry I cant remember that one). The room was still a good size, had the large fridge, safe, coffee-maker, mirrored closet doors and I think a small tiled floor area at the entrance. I think the bathroom in POV might have been slightly bigger than the Oceanfront.

We have always liked PBH and never seemed to have any problems staying here. On our most recent visit we decided to try somewhere different (just for a change) but I would not hesitate to stay at PBH again or recommend it as we think it is great value for the location.

Hope this helps, have a great trip :-)

Melbourne
reviews: 15
2. Re: Pacific Beach Hotel

I've never been to Hawaii before but am highly looking at staying @ Pacific beach, hence why I've come across this forum.

I'm trying to find a place not too expensive, clean and not so old as most rooms in Oahu seem to be, as well as trying to find something close to shops etc, central. I'm afraid I may be asking for too much! What do you think?

Let me know how you go with this room, it looks like I might have to book myself in. I'll be going for a standard room though, nothing fancy. Oh, will it have a fridge, air/con and a pool? They're my main concerns :)

Toowoomba, Australia
reviews: 25
3. Re: Pacific Beach Hotel

Hi Bianks,

From memory the standard rooms have a fridge, all have air-con. The PBH pool is nothing to rave about, it is on the 4 & 5 floor (depending on which tower you are in) and does not get a lot of sun on the deck area. The water can be cool, personally we like the beach better.

Im not sure what $ price the standard rooms are at PBH but they often have specials on their website which are about 1/2 the price of their rack rates so keep an eye on these.

If you are after something that is clean and good location then this is a good choice. As previously said, PBH has not had renovations yet but it is certainly not shabby.

Also right next door is ResortQuest Waikiki Circle Hotel. While the rooms are small, the rooms had a bit of a facelift a few years ago and are quite decent, clean & comfortable. You maybe able to get Oceanfront room here for price of standard at PBH (but depending on how many of you as the rooms at RQ are small and you would only want 2 max).

Best of luck & have a great trip :-)

Iowa
4. Re: Pacific Beach Hotel

I'm neew to all of this so bear with me I won a trip to Hawaii and tickets to the Pro Bowl!!! WOW!!! I'm still very excited about all of this and confused. I'm Not so sure if the go cad is a good deal for us as we are only there 5 days. Also, I really have so many ?"s. We will be staying at the PBH, in a pov room.not sure what floor or tower,I'll have to check on all of that but I was wanting to know if we should rent a car or can we get to Pearl Harbour,The Polynesian Cultural Center, and the staduim fairly easy from there? Thanks In Advance For Any Info.Pam

Lubbock, TX
reviews: 8
5. Re: Pacific Beach Hotel

ScottNPam,

Congratulations. The Pacific Beach is a very nice hotel, not luxury but nice. It is not on the beach, you have to cross the street, but you can make it from lobby to sand in about 30 seconds. The hotel has an incredible fitness center that has great views of the beach, and the hotel has two restaurants where you can eat while watching fish in a monstrous 3-story aquarium (check out feeding times).

Rent the car. Car rentals on Oahu are cheap, parking is modestly expensive - not compared to Boston or San Francisco, but expect to pay $12-20 a day to park at the hotel. Lots of folks will advise you to take the bus everywhere. I think you will find a car gives you so much more freedom to go and do as you please, without losing tons of valuable vacation hours waiting for busses.

One way to save $ is on food. I'm betting breakfast is included in your package, but if not, buy some POG (pineapple, orange, guava), some fruit, and pastries at a nearby ABC store and put them in the fridge in your room. Eat in the room or walk across the street to dine on the beach. For lunches and dinners, the food courts at the International Marketplace (5 minute walk) and the Ala Moana shopping center are great & cheap. Try local food joints like L&L and Rainbow Drive In. Some excellent food can be found quite cheaply at Nico's at Pier 38 or Kakaoko Kitchen. By doing a bit of research (e.g., just search "cheap eats" in this forum) you can get by as cheaply as at home, saving for a few very special meals.

There is an incredible number of things to do on Oahu and 5 days is not much time, and some of that may be taken up by getting there and back. One of those days will be taken up with Pro Bowl activities. I strongly recommend the first half of one day be devoted to the USS Arizona and possibly the Missouri, preferrably soon after arrival, as you will be getting up early in the morning. Other activities strongly suggested - Polynesian Cultural Center (this should be a full day, leaving the hotel by 11 AM, returning about 10-11 PM), see the big waves and surfers on the lovely North Shore, and maybe looking for whales. A nice way to do this would be to take a counter-clockwise trip around the island, stopping to hike to Makapuu point and watch for whales, then on around to the North Shore.

You say you have questions - let's hear them. Plenty of help here.

Melbourne
reviews: 15
6. Re: Pacific Beach Hotel

guys guys, excellent excellent help! thanks heaps.

I hope I make the right the right decision staying at Pacific Beach. I just checked my total holiday bill -- ahhhh! If I could cut some expenses down, I will but I want the better of everything...

If anyone thinks I should stay somewhere else, tell me so!

I'll be staying in Oahu for 5 nights as well. A shame it cant be longer but we have 2 weeks in total to visit Maui and Kuaui as well.

7. Re: Pacific Beach Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:20 pm, September 17, 2009