We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

roll out cot

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
alberta
roll out cot

We are traveling to Honolulu for Christmas with our two teenagers. We have a room booked at the Hilton Hawaiian Village which provides two double beds, but we would love an extra cot or a pull out sofa. When I spoke with the staff there I was told that only the suites came with a pullout sofa or could acccomodate a cot. Is there any chance I can get around this? I have read a lot of trip reports about people getting upgraded to a suite- any chance of this happening during such a busy time? Any advice would be great!

Los Angeles...
reviews: 9
1. Re: roll out cot

I wouldn't know about how to get an upgrade at Christmas in Hawaii. If you pursue this be sure to use the word "complimentary upgrade" otherwise the agent will quote you some rediculous rate.

As far as the extra cot is concerned I would not take the word of the clerk you talked to as final.

Everytime you come into contact with an employee of the hotel ask again.

Ask at check-in then ask again when you see a maid in the hallway/or call housekeeping. Be willing to pay an extra charge for the cot/linens.

I quite often find that there will be one person willing to help me with a request.

Portland, Oregon
reviews: 1
2. Re: roll out cot

Often they will not let you put a rollaway in a room because of fire codes. Not sure if this is the case at HHV, but if it is, I would assume you won't get one. I know at the hotels I've asked that won't allow a rollaway because of fire codes wouldn't budge, and for good reason. They can face huge fines if they break the fire code. This is also why some hotels will only allow 4 in a room.

3. Re: roll out cot

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:25 am, August 29, 2009