We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton Haw. Village - pay for chairs?

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
H.B., California
reviews: 40
Hilton Haw. Village - pay for chairs?

I was reading review of the Hilton Haw. Village and read you have to rent chairs/umbrellas at the beach, is this true? What's up with that. What's the rules on AA for bringing your own beach chair? Is there a place to purchase chairs in Oahu? Were going to Kauai from Oahu, I know this isn't the forum but does the Marriot do the same thing?

toledo,OH
reviews: 1
1. Re: Hilton Haw. Village - pay for chairs?

As far as bringing your own beach chairs, my parents bring theirs every year when they go to Oahu, They pack them in a box and checkc them as luggage. If you do it that way, then it would take up one of your allowed checked bags. Did I explain that clearly? My husband and I are going to Oahu this year and plan to purchase small beach chairs and then just ship them home for $30 as opposed to checking them as luggage. As far as renting at HHV, not sure.

California
reviews: 2
2. Re: Hilton Haw. Village - pay for chairs?

Yes you have to pay for chairs on the beach umebralla's there's a walmart there. I brought My own raft it's alot cheaper.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
3. Re: Hilton Haw. Village - pay for chairs?

All of the hotels right on the beach have chairs & umbrellas for rent. But, you can also bring your own.

Even though the beaches are all public, many of the hotels right on the beach "hog" the area in front of their hotel. So you might want to move 50 yards or so away from them if you don't want to rent from them. I never rent from them. There are too many areas in Waikiki like Kuhio Beach & Ft. DeRussy where the beach is free from the hotels.

You can purchase chairs, umbrellas at ABC Stores, Wal-Mart or many other places.

There are also some places in Waikiki where you can rent them by the week.

Waikiki Marriott does not rent chairs & umbrellas on the beach as they are across the road from the beach.

Good Waikiki map. It has a good magnification feature.

spotlighthawaii.com/SpotlightPDF/WebMap/Oahu…

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
4. Re: Hilton Haw. Village - pay for chairs?

"Waikiki Marriott"

After I posted I realized you are talking about Kauai Marriott. Can't help you there.

5. Re: Hilton Haw. Village - pay for chairs?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 am, September 01, 2009