We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where do locals eat?

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Apple Valley...
reviews: 3
Where do locals eat?

A friend and I are coming to Honolulu during Veteran's Day weekend. I was wondering where we should eat. We are very interested in exploring the local culture and getting out beyond Waikiki. Does anyone know some good areas to go to or any good recommendations for restaurants? Thanks!!!

St. Louis, MO
reviews: 1
21. Re: Where do locals eat?

Depends what you want. I did Germaines when i was there 2 weeks ago. We were a young group of college grads that wanted a place that served alcohol while not costing too much. Germaine's was about 50.00 each and you get 3 drink tickets included in that rate. Food was OK.

I had a friend that went to the Polynesian Cultural Center and said it was neat because there was a lot to do, the food was good, but no alcohol.

Odenton, MD
22. Re: Where do locals eat?

thank you

Walnut California
reviews: 2
23. Re: Where do locals eat?

Germaines is okay. I f you go, go to the gift shop and buy the Germaines glass. When you get a drink with your ticket, instead of a dinky plastic cup, they fill the glass. A great deal for an additional 6 bucks. Food and entertainment was okay. When I took my teenager kids two years ago, we went to Paradise Cove. There was alot more to do there to occupy your time than just sit and drink. A little more pricy though. Anyone ever do the one on Friday nights at the Royal Hawaiian?

St. Louis, MO
reviews: 1
24. Re: Where do locals eat?

Definately agree. Germaine's wasn't great but it was a good experience. We bought the glasses. We also hit it off with the other people at our table and many of them weren't drinking so they passed along their free drink tickets. We were a little set off that Germaine's is right next to some kind of oil refinery. Luckily once you get into the area where the show is you can't see it or smell it.

COLUMBIA, TN
25. Re: Where do locals eat?

My memory of Pali Lookout:

Standing in the warm sunshine and a very few feet away a fine rain was falling! The view is beautiful and certainly worth seeing!

I also remember and appreciated the gentle warm breeze as we got off the plane, in Honolulu, in the dark of night. It was a November night.

ENJOY!

Walnut California
reviews: 2
26. Re: Where do locals eat?

Yeah, I don't think I will ever forget the feel of the air the firsttime I stepped off the plane in Honolulu.

Couple of weeks ago standing on Pali Lookout with my new wife, wind blowing thru that pass at about 50 mph plus. warm wind. Another permenant memory.