We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

alan won'gs restaurant

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
LA
reviews: 8
alan won'gs restaurant

i was reading that alan wong's restaurant is one of the best places to go in honolulu. i also saw it on the food network. so i really want to go there when i'm in waikiki in may. does anyone know around what price range the food there is? also, should i book for seats in advance or you think calling in after i get to honolulu will be sufficient time?

Lubbock, TX
1. Re: alan won'gs restaurant

www.alanwongs.com/kingstreet/ks_dinner.html

Dinner menu, with prices, listed above. Prices aren't too bad considering how good it is and how much you might pay at several mediocre restaurants. For a great thrill, try the chef's tasting menu. But note that this option is all about the food, not a romantic setting.

Seattle, Washington
reviews: 36
2. Re: alan won'gs restaurant

It's very expensive. I think entrees are in the $30 range. If you go on a weekday I don't think you'll have to book so far in advance (I think we got reservations the same day or a day or so in advance). I thought 3660 on the Rise was better.

Personally, I wasn't that impressed with the food. I was in kind of a crappy mood when I was there, though, so that could have something to do with it. Also, there's nothing special about the location. It's in a nondescript building in a random area. No views or anything like that.

South Pacific
reviews: 4
3. Re: alan won'gs restaurant

Just remember that Alan Wong has 2 restaurants in Honolulu. Well, actually 1 in Honolulu and 1 in Waikiki (in the Ala Moana Mall). The one in the mall is a more casual one and much less expensive. Different menu too. But yes, the one in Honolulu is pretty expensive. About the same as most fancy restaurants.

Washington DC...
reviews: 230
4. Re: alan won'gs restaurant

Went to the one on King Street in April. Best food we had on the trip to Oahu and Big Island. Definitely would go again.

You should make reservations in advance. It is expensive. But we thought it was worth it. We chose to ask to sit at the counter "chef's table" so we could see the kitchen, hear the shefs, etc. Interesting if you are into the techniques, etc. but if you eant romantic eat at a table.

LA
5. Re: alan won'gs restaurant

so which one is better? the pineapple room in the mall or the one on king street?

Washington DC...
6. Re: alan won'gs restaurant

King Street is more expensive but better; which is a better value for price I can't say.

Southern California
7. Re: alan won'gs restaurant

It's a totally different menu, so it's hard to say which one is better. I love the Pineapple Room for casual dining, but I also like the one on King St. for fancy dining. Why not go to both!!

Menomonie, Wisconsin
reviews: 71
8. Re: alan won'gs restaurant

How strict is the dress code at Alan Wong's. I'm assuming the Pineapple Room is nice casual but what about the other one? I don't mind dressing up, but would my husband need a suit jacket? Or just a nice shirt and tie?

Washington DC...
9. Re: alan won'gs restaurant

My husband went in poplin slacks and a polo shirt and sandals. I wore silk slacks and a silk big shirt because I packed them and wanted to wear them...but I could have gone in cotton slacks, etc. A muu muu is always appropriate.

Mainly places just want men to be in a "collared" shirt as opposed to a t shirt, tank top, grungy jeans. If a place "requires" a jacket we skip it, or ask the concierge if it is a hard and fast requirement. Usually it is not so long as you look decent. .

Los Angeles...
reviews: 9
10. Re: alan won'gs restaurant

You gotta have pretty eclectic tastes for Alan Wong's. Personally it is not my cup of tea! Very expensive and when I look at the menu there is really nothing that I think I can eat. I just went to the Pineapple Room which is located in Macy's Dept. Store at Ala Moana Shopping Center. For me it was a huge disappointment and I would never go again.

I agree with another comment you got earlier.....3660 On the Rise is much, much better.