We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Italian and steak in Newport

Which Newport hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Scranton, PA
reviews: 18
Best Italian and steak in Newport

I've read all the restaurant reviews but am looking for more suggestions for the best Italian restaurant or Steakhouse and why you like it. thanks!

Rhode Island
reviews: 1
1. Re: Best Italian and steak in Newport

Favorite Italian was Puerini's....now they are gone so Mama Louisa is #1. Sardella's is very popular but I've never likes it as much.

The only place that might qulify as a steakhouse is 22 Bowens. Very good steaks with high-end steakhouse prices to match. The rest of the menu is also excellent and is not as expensive. Also sometime in November I think they start offering a three course seasonal menu for $20 which is one of the best deals in town

Newport, Rhode...
reviews: 5
2. Re: Best Italian and steak in Newport

I agree with RRick- 22 Bowens is probably the best for a decent steak- or maybe the fine dining side of the Black Pearl- both $$$ but dependably good food properly cooked.

Good Italian- Pasta Beach food is awesome- atmosphere so-so-sit at the counter if possible- it sometimes is overrun with kids- if so leave and try it another night- the food is authentic,incredible and servings are good sized.

Lucia's is a gem- small and off season you can actually say- 'you tell ME whats good and they will create a dish- a great experience (don't try it on a weekend) Avoid Sardella's if you're a foodie- nice atmosphere-a local hangout- but as for authentic italian- forget it-overcooked pasta every time

Exeter, Rhode Island
reviews: 66
3. Re: Best Italian and steak in Newport

The best steak in Newport is definitely 22Bowen. We go for special occasions as it is costly but the delmonico steak cannot be beat IMHO!!! Always excellent service, extensive wine list, and very nice views from a table on the second floor in the scull room. Servers and management do a terrific job here and it shows!

Mama Louisa is very nice but in my opinion, if I were going to Newport as a tourist, I would not look for Italian.

As locals, we treasure Scales and Shells for fresh fish, Brick Alley for good pub food, 22 Bowen for great steaks, the Moorings for a bag of doughnuts and anything else on the menu, Castle Hill for great food with a great view, Marina Cafe for a good lunch with a great view ( summer only), Jane Pickens Theater for a fun, funky place to go see a movie, and JH Breakell for beautiful jewelry made in Rhode Island, Save the Bay for wintertime seal tours............there now I've said it all!!

4. Re: Best Italian and steak in Newport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 04, 2014