We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Newport with 4 kids under 5??

Which Newport hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
manchester
reviews: 14
Newport with 4 kids under 5??

We are going for a weekend with another couple in august. We in total have 4 kids under the age of 5 the youngest one is 2. Could you suggest some places that we can visit that will be fun for them. Also which beach is the best (meaning the least amount of waves). Thank you...

Jamestown, Rhode...
reviews: 4
1. Re: Newport with 4 kids under 5??

Third Beach and Gooseberry are known as kid friendly. There is children's entertainment at First Beach though, games, etc. There is a small playground at King's Park overlooking the harbor, where they can also walk on the beach.

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Newport
reviews: 71
2. Re: Newport with 4 kids under 5??

Save the Bay Exploration Center might be good for you.

http://www.savebay.org/page.aspx?pid=325

Word is that it reopens next week. I believe they have a lot of "touch" pools, which are fun for the kids.

Would the little ones enjoy a boat ride? You can take the Jamestown/Newport Ferry

jamestownnewportferry.com/lower-narragansett…

It's $18 RT for adults. I believe under 5 are free, or at least a greatly reduced fare. The ferry is small and close to the water, with sailboats zipping by right and left.

But good luck getting the kids to leave the beach. My experience is that they LOVE the beach.

St-Jean-sur-Richelie...
3. Re: Newport with 4 kids under 5??

I have two boys of 8 and 6, and a girl of 2 years old.

Fort Adams is great for young kids. The Cliff walk is good too. The restaurant 'the port' in Ann St has a beautiful view on the harbor and the boats. The view occupes the kids...

MA
reviews: 185
4. Re: Newport with 4 kids under 5??

Here's a couple ideas: for walks Norman Bird Sanctuary (Middletown) and Sachuest Point are great, without the scariness of the Cliff Walk....yes, they are cliffs! Also, Brenton Point is a great place to fly kites. Just go to Benny's and grab a few cheap ones, or you will probably see people flying impressive kites. This is also a great place to scramble over rocks and throw rocks into the water...my kids loved it. It is partway through Ocean Drive. As for beaches, Easton (1st beach) has a carousel and playground, but is pricier to get into. Flo's Clam Shack is super casual, with wonderful seafood. Also, if it is a rainy day, Ryan Family Amusements in downtown is an arcade that may help while away a few hours.

5. Re: Newport with 4 kids under 5??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, June 29, 2014