We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Newport wine and food festival Sept 2013

Which Newport hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Palm Beach Gardens...
reviews: 5
Newport wine and food festival Sept 2013

Has anyone gone in the past? Any reviews? Comments about the crowd? Recommendations on lodging? Planning on flying into providence and combining with Martha's Vinyard trip. Any tips/travel advice in regards to transportation?

7 replies to this topic
Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Newport
reviews: 64
1. Re: Newport wine and food festival Sept 2013

Hi Bonzai,

I've never been, but it looks fabulous. Generally if this is the 8th year doing it, it must be a big success, both as a fund raiser and for attendees to keep coming back. I also think it looks like one of the best events to really experience the old Newport ambience.

The Chanler might be a good place for you to stay. It's in one of the mansions, right at the start of Cliff Walk. It would fit in very well with the old Newport theme and is relatively close to the mansions where the festival takes place. Bearing in mind mansions have comparably sized grounds, so even if they are only a couple other properties between them it could be quite a walk.

Ferries for Martha's Vineyard leave from Quonset, in North Kingstown RI

http://vineyardfastferry.com/

or Wood's Hole, MA

www.steamshipauthority.com/ssa/index.cfm

The question is whether you'd rather spend time in a car or on a boat. Wood's Hole is much cheaper and it's also the only option if you want to bring a car.

Boston...
reviews: 2
2. Re: Newport wine and food festival Sept 2013

Ahhhhh... Memories.... I went to the grand tasting last year. All I can say is if you have the budget to go, don't miss it! I thought I had landed on another planet.... Lots of amazing food and drink. Everyone had a phenomenal time. They had Georgetown cupcakes last year. One of the best events I've ever been to. Looking forward to going again in a few weeks.

South Glastonbury...
3. Re: Newport wine and food festival Sept 2013

This will be my forth time going to the winefest. Make every effort to get there. Hotels are the hardest part of it all. It just gets better and more crowded each year.

South Glastonbury...
4. Re: Newport wine and food festival Sept 2013

This will be my forth time going to the winefest. Make every effort to get there. Hotels are the hardest part of it all. It just gets better and more crowded each year.

Boston...
reviews: 378
5. Re: Newport wine and food festival Sept 2013

Will going to any of the mansions this weekend be an issue or will just the ones associated with the festival be impacted (i.e Marble House)?

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Newport
reviews: 64
6. Re: Newport wine and food festival Sept 2013

You should have no trouble at all visiting the other mansions. Go and enjoy!

Boston...
reviews: 378
7. Re: Newport wine and food festival Sept 2013

lauryc.....we went to some of the mansions with no problem at all! Thanks!!

Reply to: Newport wine and food festival Sept 2013
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted