We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rhode island beach vacation

Which Newport hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Rhode island beach vacation

Would like to visit RI (1st time) over July 4th weekend. Looking for a nice hotel on a beach. Pretty general question, I know, but am having trouble searching. Block Island, unfortunately, not an option. Can someone point me in the right direction? Not even sure what forums to post in. Thanks in advance.

Exeter, Rhode Island
reviews: 62
1. Re: Rhode island beach vacation

Have you been to Newport?? You might enjoy a stay by the beaches there. Other choices by beach would be Narragansett, Charlestown, Jamestown..take a look at those to see if that's what you might like??

Are you looking for just beach or sightseeing too??

New York City, New...
2. Re: Rhode island beach vacation

Mostly just beach, pool and relaxing. Would like quaint little town to explore with nice restaurants. Was looking at Westley (I think) also. Are there nice hotels in Narragansett, Charlestown, Jamestown that you would recommend?

Exeter, Rhode Island
reviews: 62
3. Re: Rhode island beach vacation

Take a look at the Shelter Harbor Inn..lovely spot...quaint, near the beach

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Newport
reviews: 70
4. Re: Rhode island beach vacation

You probably won't find anyplace directly on the beach for 4th of July this late. There are only a few places that are actually on the beach, and they are in Westerly. Some are being repaired from Sandy so I am sure it's a very limited number of rooms available to begin with. Newport has three hotels across the street from the beach, and Narragansett has a couple within walking distance. There are no beach hotels in South Kingstown or Charlestown. You would have to drive.

reviews: 133
5. Re: Rhode island beach vacation

I honestly wouldn't recommend any of the hotels in Narragansett. There aren't many, and the ones that exist are not that nice and overpriced - especially in the summer. However, there are some very nice B&B's in Narragansett that are walking distance to the ocean. Do a search on Tripadvisor for Narragansett hotels and look at the B&B's listed. There is one on Gibson Avenue, in particular, that is very highly rated. It is in beautiful old Victorian home. A lot of people in this area of RI rent their homes out in the summer by the week. You may be able to find a nice house to rent that will be less costly than a hotel and near the beach. Try once of the sites like homeaway.com or vrbo.com to do a rental search.

6. Re: Rhode island beach vacation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 01, 2014