We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel in Newport, Rhode Island

Which Newport hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Coral Gables...
reviews: 19
Hotel in Newport, Rhode Island

Please recommend a hotel in Newport, Rhode Island that is centrally located. We would like to walk to some or most of the main attractions and also have restaurants in the area within walking distance. We are traveling without kids.

Exeter, Rhode Island
reviews: 59
1. Re: Hotel in Newport, Rhode Island

Most of the properties on or near Thames Street are central enough that you can walk to many restaurants.This would include the Marriott, Newport Harbor Hotel and quite a few guesthouses and B&Bs.

Since you said "hotel"........I would go for the Marriott because I have stayed there and enjoyed it. We walked to everything on Thames Street from there. That being said, there are many properties that are quite nice and some that are just fabulous ( Castle Hill Inn).

You would need a car or the shuttle to get to some of the other attractions from the Thames Street area.

You could take a look at "gonewport.com" to see if you like one property over another, or view a selection of price points.

RI
reviews: 16
2. Re: Hotel in Newport, Rhode Island

I would agree with the above poster, the Marriott is centrally located, updated and can be priced well depending when you travel. I have stayed there several times and have had no complaints. I would avoid the Harbour Hotel, I found this hotel to be run down and not worth the price.

Also, you did not mention when you would be coming to Newport? During peak season; May-Oct many of the hotels require a 2 night minimum stay on weekends, not sure of your budget but hotels can get pricey. If that is the case, there are great B&B's in Newport that are centrally located as well, and might be an alternative.

Texas
reviews: 80
3. Re: Hotel in Newport, Rhode Island

<<I would avoid the Harbour Hotel, I found this hotel to be run down and not worth the price. >>

This is not good news for me since I 'won' this hotel with a PRICELINE bid for our late June stay...... :/

Coral Gables...
reviews: 19
4. Re: Hotel in Newport, Rhode Island

I made reservations in the Hotel Viking. It was highly recommended by a friend.

5. Re: Hotel in Newport, Rhode Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 03, 2014