We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nightlife for u21 yr olds

Which Newport hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tralee, Ireland
Level Contributor
651 posts
62 reviews
nightlife for u21 yr olds

my 20 yr old daughter and friends will hopefully spend 3 months in newport in the summer. what kind of social life can they expect.. can they go into a bar and have a drink at all or can they have a glass of wine even with a meal../?

i suppose clubs are off limits. theyve never been in the USA before so how strict is it really? cn they buy a beer in the offlicence.

dont get me wrong its not like im promoting her drinking habits but here in ireland legal age is 18 so shes used to having a few beers etc. thsnks

Jamestown, Rhode...
Level Contributor
938 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: nightlife for u21 yr olds

Yes, the drinking age is 21 in all the states, in a town like Newport with a lot of crazy twenty-somethings already, it is pretty strictly enforced at most clubs and bars. I know it's hard to imagine coming from Europe. Waitresses are supposed to ask at dinner, do they all, probably not. That said, I worked at restaurants in Newport with a lot of young people, Irish and others, and they all had a good time, and worked things out.

Edited: 7:43 pm, January 17, 2013
2. Re: nightlife for u21 yr olds

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, January 19, 2014