We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clam Bake?

Which Newport hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
reviews: 81
Clam Bake?

Forgive me if this is a CrAzY question….

In Hawaii you can attend a Luau for a fee. Is it possible to do the same in Newport to attend a clam bake?

Rhode Island
reviews: 1
1. Re: Clam Bake?

It's not crazy at all! Except that I thought at first you said FREE instead of FEE, in which case it would have been quite crazy. It depends on when you will be here since I don't think there is a garuantee of a clambake on any given week but you might find one. I know the Hyatt on Goat Island used to have a public clambake once a monthish. You could also check Kempenar's Clambake Club and McGrath's clambake's. I think they each do a public thing at least once during the summer. I bet there are a few others too.

Texas
2. Re: Clam Bake?

Awesome! We'll be there June 28th - July 1st before heading to Boston for a week. I'll use the leads you've provided and see what I can

find out! #fingerscrossed!

Thanks for replying!

Newport, Rhode...
Destination Expert
for Newport, Providence
reviews: 4
3. Re: Clam Bake?

They do a lobster bake/sunset sail every Wednesday out on Goast Island, but it looks like your dates won't suit that.

newportexperience.com/NewportRILobsterBoil

If you can't find something that fits your needs in Newport, when you get to Boston you could check out:

www.islandalliance.org/spectacleclambake.asp

North Shore, MA
Destination Expert
for Salem
reviews: 116
4. Re: Clam Bake?

If the Newport clambake doesn't work out, you may be able to do one with the Boston Harbor Island Alliance when you get to Boston. The 2013 schedule isn't out yet, but in the past they've been on Thursday and Friday evenings beginning at the end of June. I've never been to this--it's on my (long) list of things to do.

www.islandalliance.org/spectacleclambake.asp

Texas
5. Re: Clam Bake?

Thanks MileMarker & Route128! That's great news! I will definitely check out the website you both so kindly provided and see if there might be something available while we are in Boston!

#Soexcited!!

North Shore, MA
Destination Expert
for Salem
6. Re: Clam Bake?

Milemarker0, I’m so sorry to have reposted the Boston Harbor Alliance information. I must have been half asleep and apparently didn’t read past Goat Island.

Texas
7. Re: Clam Bake?

Great minds think alike!! :D

Westerly, Rhode...
reviews: 26
8. Re: Clam Bake?

I think McGrath's is catering only, but Kempenaar's has public clambakes. They're in Middletown, right next door to Newport. You should call them to find out exactly when they're offered. Here's a page from their website:

…superpageshosting.com/publicclambake/

North Shore, MA
Destination Expert
for Salem
9. Re: Clam Bake?

Perhaps, teacher91, but this mind didn't seem to be working very well last night. :-)

Let me also clarify that I have been to several clambakes, but not the Boston Harbor one. It's really interesting to watch the process--and great fun to consume the final products of that process. Happy eating, teacher91! You're going to have another good trip!

Edited: 1:41 pm, December 04, 2012
Texas
10. Re: Clam Bake?

Thanks for the link LovesRI I'm going to check it out!!

Route, I'm really hoping we can find one. It seems like such a 'New England' kind of thing to do. Kinda like going to.a BBQ/Pool Party in TX. ;-) And yes.... It's going to be a great trip!