We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Evening at The Breakers or The Elms & Marble?

Which Newport hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
reviews: 388
Holiday Evening at The Breakers or The Elms & Marble?

We're trying to decide between the holiday evening event at The Breakers or The Duet Night at Elms and Marble (and consequently which weekend we'll travel up from NJ). Any suggestions on how to choose between them? We've visited the Breakers during the summer and enjoyed ourselves. I expect we'll visit whatever mansions listed above during the day that we don't get to see at night.

Thanks for your help!

Westerly, Rhode...
reviews: 26
1. Re: Holiday Evening at The Breakers or The Elms & Marble?

They'll all look spectacular, so I don't think you could go wrong either way. I have been at The Elms at Christmas, and it was beautiful, and Marble House, even without Christmas decorations, is sumptuous. I think if I had to decide, I'd go with the two-fer at night, and see The Breakers during the day; you also get the spectacular view of the sea at that one.

New Jersey
reviews: 388
2. Re: Holiday Evening at The Breakers or The Elms & Marble?

Thank you so much ILoveRI. DH's schedule meant that we ended up going this past weekend so we went to the Holiday Party at the Breakers. It was incredible. A different Christmas tree and decorating motif in nearly every room, a choir singing carols in the main hall, and egg nog and Christmas cookies on the lower loggia. Totally worth the trip and $$$. I hope we can go back to see The Elms next year even if it just during the day.

Happy Holidays!

3. Re: Holiday Evening at The Breakers or The Elms & Marble?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, December 17, 2013