We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Victorian Ladies or Townplace Suites

Which Newport hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Maryland
reviews: 18
Victorian Ladies or Townplace Suites

price difference is about $22 for a night.

Townplace Suites is outside Newport, brand new hotel. Victorian Ladies is B&B in town but older home.

Any recs about either place? We are only spending 1 night unfortunately. Thanks

Rhode Island
reviews: 1
1. Re: Victorian Ladies or Townplace Suites

If the idea is to come see Newport then you should absolutely stay in town. If you are just passing through and want to come into Newport for dinner or something than it doesn't matter but if you want to spend the day and see some of the city then stay here. Towne place suites is not in a very picturesque spot, though it is between wickford and east Greenwich which are both nice. Victorian ladies is in a nice spot, a few blocks outside of downtown, close to the beach and (what's left of) the cliff walk.

Jamestown, Rhode...
reviews: 4
2. Re: Victorian Ladies or Townplace Suites

Cliff Walk was battered by Sandy, however the cement walkway in the most popular part caved in just in one spot, it is still walkable up to that point, and partly after that point. I'm sure the city will have it fixed soon.

If it's just for 1 night, and only that price diff. stay in Npt, however it's a nice half hr drive at most, through beautiful Wickford and Jamestown, if you'd decide to choose Townplace.

Edited: 10:31 am, November 27, 2012
Newport, RI
reviews: 47
3. Re: Victorian Ladies or Townplace Suites

100% Victorian Ladies. You want to be in Newport, it's such a beautiful place to walk around. I toured Victorian Ladies 4 years ago for my wedding and really liked it. Enjoy!

Maryland
reviews: 18
4. Re: Victorian Ladies or Townplace Suites

Awesome! Thanks!

I did book Victorian Ladies!

Can't wait to go! Just wish we had more than 1 night there!

5. Re: Victorian Ladies or Townplace Suites

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, December 16, 2013