We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thinking of Newport in late March

Which Newport hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
WV & TX
reviews: 41
Thinking of Newport in late March

I have a week in late March and looking for somewhere to go. Have always wanted to do Newport but afraid the weather might be too bad?? or too off season?? Pretty hardy traveler - what do you think?

Rhode Island
1. Re: Thinking of Newport in late March

I guess it partly depends on what sorts or activities you're interested in. March would probably be my least favorite month weather wise here but really you never know. It tends to be cool and wet but it could also be sixty and sunny like this past year or covered in a foot of snow like other years.

Apart from the weather it is fine. Pretty much everything is open, though hours are more restricted. A lot of the restaurants in town have great winter specials. If you're willing to deal with the possibility of bad weather and fishing or sailing aren't your main attractions then you should be fine.

WV & TX
reviews: 41
2. Re: Thinking of Newport in late March

Thanks for your help. I think we will be coming and hope for some spring weather - if not then we'll enjoy whatever we have.

Jamestown, Rhode...
reviews: 4
3. Re: Thinking of Newport in late March

Newport hosts a big, big St. Patricks day parade in case you're interested. Always a festive, albeit rowdy time. The weather tends to break a bit after that towards the end of the month.

4. Re: Thinking of Newport in late March

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, November 28, 2013