We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanksgiving in Newport

Which Newport hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lynn, Massachusetts
Thanksgiving in Newport

I will be spending thanksgiving in Newport this year. I will be traveling with my husband and our two teenage children. My son is 19 and daughter is 17.

I was thinking of staying at the Marriott with an ocean view room.

I would like to know of a restaurant that will offer the tradional Thanksgiving meal as well as some non-traditional options.

Also, we will be arriving Wednesday and leaving Friday evening, can anyone recommend some things to do. Will the mansions be open?

What is Newport like over the Thanksgiving holiday?

Thanks

Newport, Rhode...
Destination Expert
for Newport, Providence
reviews: 4
1. Re: Thanksgiving in Newport

This is a quick copy/paste from a list in the paper a few years back, but the restaurants listed are usually open on Thanksgiving Day. The prices might have changed a bit (though I doubt too much)

I haven't really seen anything about this year though. It seems that each year a few more restaurants throw their hat into the ring and offer Thanksgiving options...

Newport area

Bay Voyage Inn, 150 Conanicus Ave., Jamestown, (401) 423-2100, bayvoyage.com, has a traditional dinner buffet from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Adults $47.95 ($15.95 for children under 10, children under three free).

Castle Hill Inn & Resort, 590 Ocean Dr., Newport, (401) 849-3800 or castlehillinn.com, will feature a complete buffet from noon to 4:30 p.m. The carving station will feature Helger's Farm Turkey and Hereford Beef Rib Eye. Desserts include Pumpkin Pie, Pear-Almond Tart and more. The cost is $70 for adults and $25 for children under 12.

The Clarke Cooke House, Bannister's Wharf, Newport, (401) 849-2900, clarkecooke.com will be open from noon until 10 p.m. (the kitchen until 8) offering a traditional roast turkey dinner with all the trimmings (adults $32.50, children $14.50). A la carte items will also be available.

Fathoms Restaurant at the Newport Marriott, 25 America's Cup Ave., Newport, (401) 849-7788, fathomsnewportmarriott.com, has a dinner buffet from noon to 4 p.m. Dishes include traditional Thanksgiving fare with seafood raw bar, sirloin and pork loin. The cost is $39; $34 for seniors; $15 for children 5 to 12. Reservations required.

The Mooring Seafood Kitchen & Bar, Sayer's Wharf, Newport, (401) 846-2260, mooringrestaurant.com, will have the regular menu and a traditional dinner of all white meat turkey and more. Dinner will be served from 1 to 6 p.m.

Newport Beach Hotel and Suites, 1 Wave Ave., Middletown, (401) 846-0310. Thanksgiving buffet from 11:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Adults $23, children under 12 $12. Call for reservations.

Spiced Pear at The Chanler at Cliff Walk, 117 Memorial Blvd., Newport, (401) 847-2244, the chanler.com will feature extended breakfast service from 7:30 until 11 a.m. and offer a three-course holiday-themed dinner from noon to 4 p.m. Adults $69, half price for children 5 through 12 and free for children under five.

22 Bowen's Wine Bar & Grille, 22 Bowen's Wharf, Newport, (401) 841-8884, 22bowens.com will offer a full turkey dinner ($24.95), specials and selections from the dinner menu from noon to 7 p.m. A children's menu is available.

Trattoria Simpatico, 13 Narragansett Ave., Jamestown, (401) 423-3731, will be open Thanksgiving Day from noon to 7 p.m.

The White Horse Tavern, 26 Marlborough St., Newport, (401) 849-3600, whitehorsetavern.us offers a turkey dinner (adults $32, children $16) and selections from its regular menu from noon to 6 p.m.

Westerly, Rhode...
reviews: 26
2. Re: Thanksgiving in Newport

Last year, we did Thanksgiving dinner at the White Horse Tavern, and it was delicious! My dad, who doesn't like turkey, enjoyed his meal as well (I think he had steak, if I remember).

NH
reviews: 3
3. Re: Thanksgiving in Newport

Thanks for the posting this topic! I was about to post the very same thing. We are staying at the Hyatt and looking for a place to eat for the holiday. I haven't been able to find anything current online. I have a relative in RI who is keeping her eyes on the paper for any information. I'll post again if I hear anything.

Exeter, Rhode Island
reviews: 59
4. Re: Thanksgiving in Newport

We have been going to the Moorings for the last few years on Thankgsgiving Day. Great setting and great food! They have a traditional turkey dinner and many of their own menu offerings as well.

Because of the hurricane, I am not sure about 22 Bowen as I know that the hurricane flooded all of Bowens Wharf. Most likely they will be up and running by then

If you want to get a general idea of what is open, I would suggest looking on opentable.com for their list of reservation times available on 11/22 in the area. You don't have to use the reservation service to see the list of restaurants with available reservations

5. Re: Thanksgiving in Newport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 am, December 14, 2013