We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

chanler or castle hill?

Which Newport hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
reviews: 1
chanler or castle hill?

my husband and i would like a quick, one or two night getaway to Newport. We would like a hotel that is unique a beautiful setting. Which hotel would you select?

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Newport
reviews: 64
1. Re: chanler or castle hill?

The Castle Hill Inn, if you can get a room. Most Newport hotels have 2 or 3 night minimums on weekends from now through Columbus Day.

SoCal
reviews: 36
2. Re: chanler or castle hill?

I have the same question as the OP. Reviews seem more consistently good for Chanler Hill; I see comments that Castle Hill has some issues with shabbiness. But the photos of their Beach Cottages look awfully enticing...could anyone elaborate on the choice between these two properties?

New York
reviews: 25
3. Re: chanler or castle hill?

I have never stayed in the chandler but have stayed in castle hill. I try to get to Newport twice a year and for me, the castle hill inn has the most beautiful grounds and is close to all. Beach houses are terrific. Restaurant is excellent as well. Don't miss tea time in the afternoon for good brews and snacks. Breakfasts are included. You can't go wrong.

Boston...
reviews: 2
4. Re: chanler or castle hill?

Castle hill

Newport, Rhode...
reviews: 39
5. Re: chanler or castle hill?

I've never stayed at Castle Hill but I love the restaurant and summer drinks on the lawn is one of my favorite activities.

New York
reviews: 40
6. Re: chanler or castle hill?

We've stayed both places. They are both really lovely. It's very hard to decide. Tea at Castle Hill was lovely but the bar at the Chanler is also very nice.

They are both just wonderful. Go twice!

7. Re: chanler or castle hill?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, May 04, 2014