We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cozy Cab Shuttles

Which Newport hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lakeland, Florida
reviews: 3
Cozy Cab Shuttles

Hello I am flying into PVD in July on a late flight (11:50 pm) and need to get to Newport. I am considering Cozy Cab Shuttles as they are very affordable, I am aware I need to make a reservation ahead of time but, I was just wondering if anyone has ever used them before, what was your experience, were they on time to pick you up, polite, knowledgable of the streets, etc. How long does it take from PVD to Newport generally?

Also, do they take you to a general "drop off point" in Newport or to an address that you can provide.

Thank you, Tiffany

Newport
reviews: 4
1. Re: Cozy Cab Shuttles

I have not personally used them, but a friend of mine has. If your plane is delayed they will generally just leave you there as they are on a schedule. That's what they did to her. Some of the drivers are polite, while some will actually scheme tip money out of you (the shuttle is $25, they told her $40 when she reserved). They know newport well, as they are a taxi company. It takes 40 minutes roughly to get to Newport.

They do take you to a general drop-off point. Some at the marriott, the viking hotel, etc. They will not drop you somewhere specific.

Depending how many people you have, you can always call Orange Cab, or another taxi that takes reservations. It's $85 from the airport to Newport (any address) and they can fit 4+luggage in their minivans. This is what my girlfriend ended up doing.

2. Re: Cozy Cab Shuttles

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, June 13, 2011
Lakeland, Florida
reviews: 3
3. Re: Cozy Cab Shuttles

I tried to go that route but unfortunately I think you have to be 21 to rent a car, I'm only 20.

Boston
4. Re: Cozy Cab Shuttles

I don't know anything about this company, but googled them to see they charge $25.00 each way.

You really get what you pay for in these cases. These shuttles are usually uncomfortable and make more stops than one can tolerate.

The cabs at TF Green are always in good shape and the drivers seem nice and are clean. Spend a few more bucks and you will get there quicker and with less bumps.

5. Re: Cozy Cab Shuttles

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, June 13, 2011
Boston
6. Re: Cozy Cab Shuttles

That is still cheap, considering you will be in a car and not a van, and by yourself, and no stops.

Like I said, you get what you pay for, and for 25 bucks, I am not sure how anyone can complain.

Boston...
reviews: 16
7. Re: Cozy Cab Shuttles

Tiffany, I just looked at Peter Pan bus schedule and it doesn't look like they run busses to Newport that late at night. You are really between a rock and a hard place. I would say to you to book a hotel for that night and leave the next day for Newport.

I would call some of the major car rental agencies and ask what the age for car rental is. You may find a couple that will do a rental under 21.

The problem w/ arriving Green that late in the evening is that everything pretty much shuts down at the airport. You could find a taxi to bring you to a hotel or perhaps a free shuttle. There are hotels right there at the airport also.

We just flew into Green from San Diego in March and the airport was virtually dead! There are not that many flights arriving at that time of night.

However, where there is a will there is a way! You are about 40 min. drive to Newport from Green. We just drove to Newport for the day this past Sunday and we were 45 min. away.

If you are visiting someone could they pick you up at the airport?

If you are traveling alone, I would be leary of taking a cab by myself at that time of night, not to be doom and gloom, just cautious. Can you fly in on an earlier flight? I am just giving you suggestions in hopes that you can find a solution.

Let us know how you are making out. We will try to help you get to Newport.

May

Boston...
reviews: 16
8. Re: Cozy Cab Shuttles

Tiffany, here's an update.

I just checked the RIPTA (Rhode Island Public Transit Authority) schedule and it does look like they run a bus out of Providence to Newport Visitor Center. Leaves Pvd weekdays 12:40 am; Saturdays 12:30 am; Sundays no late run. See website:

http://www.ripta.com/schedules/view.php

However, you might call ( 401-781-9400) and see if this schedule is still in effect, there have been cutbacks to service. The problem is that you would still have to go from Green airport to Kennedy Plaza (10-15 min.) to board the bus. Perhaps you would have to take a taxi to bus station.

The bus would leave you at the Visitors Center in Newport. -

www.gonewport.com/ViewContentPage.aspx?id=464

I hope this helps and that it will work for you.

May

9. Re: Cozy Cab Shuttles

Removed on: 8:17 pm, June 13, 2011
Boston
10. Re: Cozy Cab Shuttles

Personally, I would do my best to get to newport on arrival.. I would rather wake up in Newport that most places, especially the TF Green area.

These vans which are used, almost always pull out the last seat so that luggage can be stored, so they never max out the number of people.

In a case where the last seat is not pulled out, I would not get in one where the seating compacity was full.