We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dog Friendly things to do/places to eat in Newport

Which Newport hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new york
reviews: 2
Dog Friendly things to do/places to eat in Newport

We're coming for the day with our small dog...can you recommend things to do with a dog/restaurants outside?

Many thanks...

Newport
1. Re: Dog Friendly things to do/places to eat in Newport

Restaurants have to abide by health codes and animals are not allowed. The Hyatt has an outdoor facility that is very nice and may allow a dog since it is wide open. In downtown the Black Pearl always has dogs tied the building while the owners eat on the patio and I believe this can be done also with the Clarke Cooke House which has a doggy bar watering hole in front.

Newport, Rhode...
2. Re: Dog Friendly things to do/places to eat in Newport

walk around Sachuest

point Wildlife Refuge and then go to second beach on your way back (after 4pm) when parking is free and the dogs are allowed.

Fairfield, CT
reviews: 3
3. Re: Dog Friendly things to do/places to eat in Newport

I just got back from Newport with my 2 dachsunds - and its very dog friendly - first off - O'Briens Pub on Thames - all outdoor tables - allow dogs - up the street is a restaurant called Asterisk at 599 Thames avenue- they allow dogs at their outdoor tables - also the Landing - seafood restaurant at Bowens wharf- allow dogs at outdoor tables and the boat company right next door -allow dogs on the sight seeing cruises as long as large groups are not booked.

Boston...
reviews: 7
4. Re: Dog Friendly things to do/places to eat in Newport

We take our dogs to Kings Beach in the morning. It is off Ocean Drive and our dogs can go swimming and walk around on the rocks. It is not kept up (there is seaweed everywhere) but Ocean Drive is nice regardless and my dogs always have a great time there.

Fairfield, CT
reviews: 3
5. Re: Dog Friendly things to do/places to eat in Newport

dogs are also allowed on the " cliff walk"

Newport, RI
reviews: 1
6. Re: Dog Friendly things to do/places to eat in Newport

Hounds on leashes are welcome to take a Harbor Tour with their owners aboard the M/V Gansett at Bowen's Wharf, Newport.

Doggie blanket provided for comfy seating side by side.

See you on board. Woof.

7. Re: Dog Friendly things to do/places to eat in Newport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 am, September 07, 2009