We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone heard of the "Buffalo Exit 53" hotel or motel?

Which Buffalo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 4
Anyone heard of the "Buffalo Exit 53" hotel or motel?

We were planning a shopping weekend in Buffalo next weekend. Unfortunately due to the disaster relief FIMA and repair people staying at the hotel, we've been displaced from our original reservation at the Cheetowaga Residence Inn to the "Buffalo Exit 53" hotel.

1st question is -- is anyone familiar with this place? The hotel assures me it's "nice." But I'm not too confident. We were hoping for a mini-vacation with pool. We know it doesn't have that but we're still considering going.

Can any of the locals tell me how conditions in Buffalo are now? Should we postpone our trip until the spring?

Thx

Buffalo
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
reviews: 36
1. Re: Anyone heard of the "Buffalo Exit 53" hotel or motel?

Hi: I've never heard of the Buffalo Exit 53 hotel. Were you planning to shop at the Galleria, or just to shop in general? If so, I can recommend some hotels close by where you might like to stay.

About our post-storm condtions: Power has been restored throughout the area. On some side roads, there are large piles of brush and branches at the edge of the street, so you have to be a little more careful when turning corners. But given your plans, I'm guessing that you won't have to travel on side roads very much. The Thruway is clear, and I don't see any reason to postpone your trip, especially if you have Christmas shopping to do.

Buffalo
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
2. Re: Anyone heard of the "Buffalo Exit 53" hotel or motel?

After posting my reply, I checked out several hotels in the area and found that reservations were not available at any of them for next weekend. Yikes!

reviews: 4
3. Re: Anyone heard of the "Buffalo Exit 53" hotel or motel?

Thanks for the update on the status of Buffalo. I'm guessing that you're also getting the wind we've been getting in the Toronto area which can't be helping.

We are planning to go to the Galleria and Target and maybe out to the outlet malls. However, it sounds like all the known hotels/inns are full. That's why they're looking at moving us to the other hotel. We also wanted to have a place with a pool so we could swim - a mini-vacation before things are too busy.

I'm still leaning towards a spring trip.

Thanks again.

Buffalo
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
4. Re: Anyone heard of the "Buffalo Exit 53" hotel or motel?

Yes, we got a lot of wind today, and it was fairly cold. This has not been our typical fall. In addition to the big storm, we've had way too much rain and not enough sunshine. Wish the prospects were better for next weekend, but at this point, I'd look toward a spring trip if I were you. Cheers...

New York
5. Re: Anyone heard of the "Buffalo Exit 53" hotel or motel?

The exit 53 hotel is the hotel located on Dingens just next to the toll booths that will hopefully be a non-issue here by the end of the day.There is also a Holiday Inn about a quarter mile up the road on Dingens too...

6. Re: Anyone heard of the "Buffalo Exit 53" hotel or motel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:15 pm, August 22, 2009