We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hair extensions in my hair

Which Buffalo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
St. Catharines...
hair extensions in my hair

I have hair extensions in my hair with small metal or tin clips... I am horrified that they may tell me to remove them when going through the detectors..... can you let me know

3 replies to this topic
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel
reviews: 24
1. Re: hair extensions in my hair

Hi Lisa G..............and welcome to the Trip Advisor forums.............................since you've posted on the Buffalo forum and you seem to be from Ontario, I'm guessing your flying somewhere from the Buffalo airport, but you give the forum no indication if you're talking about crossing the border into New York state via automobile, or customs at the airport...............my guess is the airport..........when using the forums for your travel related questions, please help the forum help you by being as specific as you can be............

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel
reviews: 24
2. Re: hair extensions in my hair

If you are indeed flying somewhere from Buffalo Niagara International Airport, perhaps their website could be of some assistance to you.....I've listed it below, all you need to do is click on the link to reach the site.....my personal feeling is that no, they won't ask you to remove your hair extensions.........mention it to the customs officer beforehand if you're worried............

http://www.buffaloairport.com

London, England...
3. Re: hair extensions in my hair

I recommend putting them on, and even in case you chose to put them in your handbag, there is not enough metal to set off the metal detector :) have a nice journey! :)

Reply to: hair extensions in my hair
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted