We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do in Flagstaff

Which Flagstaff hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
reviews: 41
Things to do in Flagstaff

I haven't been to Flag in years, and I'm wondering if it's worth allocating a day or part of a day just to see the town itself. Is there enough of interest in town? I've already planned to visit the Museum of Northern Arizona, and my husband wants time to go up the ski lift.

Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
1. Re: Things to do in Flagstaff

More: My husband might enjoy the observatory. We've been to Sunset Crater and Wupatki. I guess I'm really asking about shops and restaurants or other interesting things in town.

Williams, Arizona
reviews: 17
2. Re: Things to do in Flagstaff

There is Riordan Mansion. Lowell Observatory, Depending on when you are coming the Arboredum. First Friday of every month in the summer is the downtown "art walk". There are all of the shops in the historic downtown section. Charlies in the historic Weatherford hotel is worth a stop for lunch eat outside get the french onion soup and crab cakes. Yes a stop at the Snowbowl for the ski lift is always a nice stop great view good place for a picnic. Bever St Brewery is a great stop on the S side of the tracks. Great pizza. I'd do a whole day just incase you find something of interest that may take a few hours.

www.flagstaffchamber.com

www.azdailysun.com

www.americansouthwest.net/arizona/map.html

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i3541-Northern_…

Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
3. Re: Things to do in Flagstaff

Thanks! Sounds like Flagstaff has grown up a lot in the past 10 years or so.

Grand Canyon...
4. Re: Things to do in Flagstaff

If you are going to be there in summer on a weekend, there is almost always some kind of fair or festival - lots of art stuff. Maybe Dragonflylady knows - do they still have the science fair in October? Used to have open house days at the observatories, Gore, etc?

Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
5. Re: Things to do in Flagstaff

I think we're going to take a day to kick around Flagstaff and to go up to Snow Bowl, and the other 2-3 days out in Indian country with a local friend.

6. Re: Things to do in Flagstaff

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 am, August 12, 2009