We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Location, Location, Location? -

Which Flagstaff hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Durango, Colorado
reviews: 4
Location, Location, Location? -

We're coming to Flag for one night on our way to California. We'll get to town late afternoon, so will have a bit of time to do some exploring. Probably more window shopping and we'd love to check out some of the Flag breweries, have a good dinner and then head to our hotel.

Since the breweries are likely to be part of our afternoon/evening, we'd love to find good lodging within walking distance of good beer.

I'm not that familiar with the Flagstaff areas/neighborhoods. Can anyone suggest an area that meets our needs? Any specific lodging/brewery suggestions would also be appreciated

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
reviews: 146
1. Re: Location, Location, Location? -

The old town district and near the campus will work for you. Try the Drury Inn for starters.

Tempe, AZ
2. Re: Location, Location, Location? -

If you want something unique and historic, and don't mind some noise, check out the Monte Vista. It's right downtown.

West Yellowstone...
Destination Expert
for Flagstaff, West Yellowstone
reviews: 57
3. Re: Location, Location, Location? -

Alternative to the Monte V is the Weatherford, also historic and conveniently located downtown, with a bit more of a party atmosphere on the weekends, if you're up for that. Check reviews for both (tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g60971-Flagstaff_Ariz…) before committing.

Drury Inn & Suites is the newest hotel in town and conveniently located. A good option if your budget permits and you prefer predictably clean, chain-type hotels.

Finally, the Highland Country Inn is well-reviewed for a budget option and fairly easy walking distance (but be cautious as it requires crossing a major road, and after drinking...) from the hot spots.

Enjoy your visit!

Boston...
reviews: 16
4. Re: Location, Location, Location? -

All the breweries--Beaver Street, Mother Road, Flagstaff Brewery--are within a couple of blocks of each other downtown.

If you're looking for a budget hotel option ($50 or less), there's a Howard Johnson's Inn, a Knight's Inn, a Super 8, and a few others within a 15-minute walk / short cab ride from downtown. Flagstaff isn't very big.

Durango, Colorado
5. Re: Location, Location, Location? -

Thanks for the suggestions. I did look at the Weatherford because I like the concept of a more unique hotel. However, we'll be getting up pretty early the next morning to drive to Sequoia NP and we may want the option of going to bed before 2am. We'll be there on a Thursday, not the weekend, but if my College memory serves, sometimes Thursday starts the weekend... Looking forward to our stopover in Flagstaff! We'll probably lean towards the Drury, but I will check out the others since I'm not crazy about spending $120+ on a place that will just be used for some sleep.

6. Re: Location, Location, Location? -

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 28, 2015