We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need a place to stay for one night

Which Flagstaff hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Jim Thorpe...
reviews: 2
Need a place to stay for one night

From Sedona we are going to GCNP, then from GC we are staying a night in Flagstaff. We need a place that is reasonably priced, which to us is like around $100 or less. Preferably, a place that isn't out of the way.

If someone could lead me in the right direction, thank you!

8 replies to this topic
tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
reviews: 57
1. Re: Need a place to stay for one night

Look in the top green bar on this page while in this forum. Click on hotels and it will show you a dropdown list. You can get prices from there.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
reviews: 38
2. Re: Need a place to stay for one night

Also check this link. http://www.flagstaffarizona.org/

Many of the motels that are affordable are on Old Rt 66 (Hwy 180) which is also along the railroad tracks with lots of trains. Even though they don't blow train whistles anymore through Flagstaff, still the rumbling of the trains can be loud.

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
reviews: 13
3. Re: Need a place to stay for one night

Are you staying a night inside the GCNP? If not, that's much preferable to staying in Flagstaff, and there are budget hotels right inside the park. Otherwise, in Flagstaff, try the Weatherford Hotel if you like older hotels with character. Be aware that it can be loud on weekends, though. There's a room with a shared bath in the NW corner of the hotel that's a bit quieter, or ask for the full bath room in the SW corner (that one is over $100, though). The nice thing about the Weatherford is that it's right in downtown, across from the main square. They also have good food and service. We like to have dinner on the balcony in the upstairs bar. :)

Be aware - the Hotel Monte Vista is another historic, inexpensive hotel located downtown, but we dislike it. The service and clientele leave a lot to be desired, IMHO. People seem to either love the Monte Vista or hate it; we're in the latter category.

Otherwise, there are basic, budget hotels throughout Flag. We've stayed at the Best Western Pony Soldier Inn; it was basic, but clean, and cheap. It's further from downtown, though. The Drury Inn would also be a good choice, as would the Little America. The rates at both places vary; it might or might not be under $100, but sometimes the Little America offers promotional rates of $89 a night, and it's a cute place; ask for a forest view room.

Edited: 8:17 pm, April 15, 2014
Jim Thorpe...
reviews: 2
4. Re: Need a place to stay for one night

We are staying two nights in GC..but it's pricey, so we are going to stop in flagstaff before heading home.

Henderson, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Flagstaff, West Yellowstone
reviews: 57
5. Re: Need a place to stay for one night

There are plenty of chain-style options which offer budget accommodations along Lucky Lane (east Rte. 66/industrial-ish area) and near the intersection of I-17 and I-40.

Another option, which I've never stayed in but gets good reviews is the Highland Country Inn not far from downtown. The location is almost as good as you can get to downtown without being downtown. Thank your basis motel, but the reviews say it's clean and reasonably-priced, so worth looking into. You might even have money left over for a beer at the Lumberyard.

Boston...
reviews: 15
6. Re: Need a place to stay for one night

I've stayed at half a dozen chain hotels on Route 66 in Flagstaff, and they were all fine by my standards and around $50 in the high season. Do a search on Expedia and see what you come up with. There's another slew of budget chains on Lucky Lane, which is a quieter location because you don't have the freight trains rumbling by at all hours.

Travelodge at 1560 E. Route 66 is a good one (be careful, there are three along this stretch!)

"Budget hotels" right inside Grand Canyon National Park? Depends on what your budget is, I guess ;)

Edited: 10:12 am, April 16, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
reviews: 13
7. Re: Need a place to stay for one night

Majnuni, haven't you ever seen the Bright Angel Lodge rooms? Well, if you go to the South Rim sometime, you might check them out. You can get a room with a shared bath at Bright Angel Lodge for $72. They're popular with hikers for cheap before or after hike lodging. And the shared bathrooms are actually pretty nice, as shared baths go. They also have rooms with a toilet and sink for $83, and rooms with full bathrooms for $94. Maswick also has rooms for $92. All of those fit the OPs budget of less than $100. So yes, I consider a room at the Grand Canyon that's 30 steps from the Rim and costs $72 a "budget" hotel room. :)

Kscha925 - if you're wanting less expensive lodging at the GC, you can always keep calling Xanterra to see if you can get a different room; 1-888-297-2757. People do cancel, especially at the last minute. Have a great vacation!

Boston...
reviews: 15
8. Re: Need a place to stay for one night

Hummingbird, Bright Angel Lodge is my favorite hotel at the Grand Canyon -- probably the world -- and I agree that it's a great value at $72. (It's also the only lodge I've ever stayed at in the park. Otherwise, it's Mather for me!)

Still, "budget" to me is the hotels on Route 66 in Flagstaff, where I've gotten rooms (albeit in the off-season) for $25--including breakfast ;)

Reply to: Need a place to stay for one night
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted