We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phoenix to Flagstaff and Sedona Itinerary Help

Which Flagstaff hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
Phoenix to Flagstaff and Sedona Itinerary Help

Travelling to from Phoenix to Manzanita Campground on April 6th with my wife and kids (5 and 3). We will be camping for two nights before heading down to Tuscon.

The plan is to drive from Phoenix to the Lowell Observatory since my kid is obsessed with Pluto. Eat some lunch in Flagstaff then head back to set up camp.

The second day we plan on hiking around Sedona before hanging out at camp.

I've kept it pretty simple but was wondering if this plan makes sense at all or if there's a better way to use our time. Food recs are appreciated too!

2 replies to this topic
Santa Fe, New Mexico
reviews: 55
1. Re: Phoenix to Flagstaff and Sedona Itinerary Help

As you will have seen Phoenix and the I-17 on the way North ... Consider driving East a bit to Holbrook .Then driving the more rewarding,scenic highways 77/60/77 "down" to Tucson ... carracar

Henderson, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Flagstaff, West Yellowstone
reviews: 57
2. Re: Phoenix to Flagstaff and Sedona Itinerary Help

Sounds to me like you've got it just right. Lunch in downtown Flagstaff. I like the Old Town Shops for options Mix (fresh sandwiches/soup/salad kind of place) or Bigfoot BBQ in the basement (kind of a grunge type place, quirky, good for kids), but there are plenty of options all around the downtown area and you can just walk around and find what appeals to you.

The drive on 89A from Flagstaff to Sedona is stunning.

Enjoy!

Reply to: Phoenix to Flagstaff and Sedona Itinerary Help
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted