We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Planning - Flagstaff ->Sedona->Monument Valley

Which Flagstaff hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego...
reviews: 66
Trip Planning - Flagstaff ->Sedona->Monument Valley

We are planning for 4 days trip to Flagstaff, Sedona, Monument valley - flying from San diego.

Day 1: Get Avis Car rental from Flagstaff airport – see Walnut canyon National Monument, stay in – Comfort Inn Flagstaff

Day 2: start in morning , reach Monument valley . Take tours, stay near Monument valley, stay in – Gouldings lodge

Day3: – drive to Wupatki national monument (4 hrs drive), reach Sedona (2 hrs drive).

Day 4: – explore Sedona. Drive towards Flagstaff for fly back San diego.

is there any other attraction near Flagstaff that we should not miss?

we have 6-7 hours to cover sedona, what are must places to see?

5 replies to this topic
Henderson, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Flagstaff, West Yellowstone
reviews: 57
1. Re: Trip Planning - Flagstaff ->Sedona->Monument Valley

When is your trip? The weather may determine your plans, but if during summer months, depending on what time you get in, you may have time for dinner and exploration in downtown Flagstaff, which I suggest.

You are covering a lot of ground in a short period of time. Have you been to the Grand Canyon before? If not, you could arrange your trip so that you are swinging through between Flagstaff and Monument Valley, depending on the time of your tour (already arranged?).

Seems as if you are interested in Native American history from your intentions to see Walnut Canyon and Wupatki. If so, you may also enjoy Elden Pueblo, at the east edge of Flagstaff. This is a working archaeological site.

There is a lot more to do in the area, but given the short amount of time, and not knowing your interests, I will not delve into them. I'm sure others will chime in.

Melbourne, Australia
2. Re: Trip Planning - Flagstaff ->Sedona->Monument Valley

Hi there,

I am piggy - backing on the above topic. We are doing a similar trip in early October but will also incorporate leaving from vegas and doing the Grand Canyon , monument valley, Flagstaff, Sedona ending in Phoenix. We have 7 days (including 2 days in GCNP). is this doable? and what's the best route to take?

Thanks, in advance

Deb

Harleysville...
Destination Expert
for Fountain Hills
reviews: 168
3. Re: Trip Planning - Flagstaff ->Sedona->Monument Valley

Deb, it's best to post your own question as a new post ad this belongs to Sudipik and you we roll get answers specific for your trip.

Melbourne, Australia
4. Re: Trip Planning - Flagstaff ->Sedona->Monument Valley

Ok thanks Thelrose...my first time asking questions.

Deb

Harleysville...
Destination Expert
for Fountain Hills
reviews: 168
5. Re: Trip Planning - Flagstaff ->Sedona->Monument Valley

no problem - just trying to help

Reply to: Trip Planning - Flagstaff ->Sedona->Monument Valley
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted