We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the best possible route from Flagstaff to San Diego?

Which Flagstaff hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Flagstaff, Arizona
reviews: 2
What is the best possible route from Flagstaff to San Diego?

Hello. I will be driving from Flagstaff to San Diego. There are three possible routes that I don't know which one to go with.

1. First route is "Drive via I-8 W · 493 mi - 7h 2 min"

2. Second route is "Drive via I-10 W · 503 mi - 7h 22 min"

3. Third route is "Drive via I-17 S · 485 mi - 7 h 26 min"

I'm looking for the most clean and comfortable route. I don't mind to drive on the longest one if it is the best one.

Thank you in advance.

Phoenix, AZ
reviews: 187
11. Re: What is the best possible route from Flagstaff to San Diego?

Depending on the time of the year, I would just do I-40 to Barstow, CA, and then I-15 all the way to San Diego.

It is not perfect, as one would be navigating LA, but on the Eastern edge.

That is probably not the most beautiful route, but is Interstate all the way. It also by-passes Phoenix completely, which can be difficult, depending on time of day.

Hunt

12. Re: What is the best possible route from Flagstaff to San Diego?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:24 am, March 16, 2015