We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation at Flagstaff

Which Flagstaff hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kolkata, India
reviews: 12
Accommodation at Flagstaff

Hi,

Shall arrive into Flagstaff on a flight from Phoenix just before midnight with my family (myself, wife and two kids) in last week of September. Looking for suggestions for a good hotel for a night's stay. We will leave for Grand Canyon after breakfast. Main Criteria is a GOOD hot breakfast with plenty of vegetarian options (Yes we are vegetarians). Liked Super 8 Flagstaff Mall, but unsure about the Noise factor from the Railroad. Other options were Motel 6 near the Highway Crossing but thinking it might be very basic. La Quinta appears fine but is on a slightly higher price. I would prefer something less than $100 including breakfast for 4 of us. Also shall prefer if the hotel offers heating (Yes, I saw the low temperature in Flagstaff in Sep shall be in the range of 40s but still prefer heating if possible.) Thanks in advance for your help.

10 replies to this topic
tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
reviews: 57
1. Re: Accommodation at Flagstaff

All hotels are heated. Your choices are not the best quality, and the railroad is noisy with 100 freight trains a day. Breakfasts in the US are not very vegetarian in nature. At most hotels with breakfast you will find fruit, breads, yogurt (if in your diet), perhaps cottage cheese. Unless you can eat eggs, you will not find hot breakfast items other than potatoes which often have additions not vegetarian. There are numerous places in Flagstaff to breakfast.

In Travelocity I don't see any hotels in your price range for September with breakfast. Other than low budget hotels, hotels in Flagstaff tend to be a little more expensive than other areas. Besides the Grand Canyon and other natural attractions, there is skiing in winter, and a major university year-round; all affecting lodging prices.

Kolkata, India
2. Re: Accommodation at Flagstaff

thanks bob b. If i do extend my budget slightly by around 50 dollars or so, can you suggest a few hotels which meet my criterias, breakfast, railroad noise? Or maybe you can advice of a standalone hotel a little away from flagstaff. Thank you very much.

Marina, California
Destination Expert
for Tucson
reviews: 99
3. Re: Accommodation at Flagstaff

Highland Country Inn is within your range. I've always liked it there. The issue there though is that the "breakfast" that they offer is really just coffee and a couple of stale muffins. The benefit though is that they're next to The Place which, IMHO, serves one of the better breakfasts in the city. You save $30-40 per day, but have to spend ~$30 on a better breakfast. I guess it's a toss-up.

Super 8 on Lucky Lane is also in your range. Not much for breakfast, but you mention you're okay with that chain.

The Hampton Inn by the Flagstaff Mall is not that far out of your range, and has a very good (for a hotel) breakfast. Always oatmeal, fruit, cereals, and 2-3 hot options, always at least one vegetarian.

If you upped your budget $50 though then, yes, you would get a lot more options.

Edit: I should add that almost every motel in Flagstaff is affected by train noise. The only ones that are not are on Milton, near I-17/I-40.

Edited: 4:56 pm, February 25, 2014
Mesa, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Tempe
reviews: 81
4. Re: Accommodation at Flagstaff

If you are arriving at the Flagstaff airport around midnight, how will you get to your motel? You will need to check that the motel you choose has a desk that is open 24 hours.

Henderson, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Flagstaff, West Yellowstone
5. Re: Accommodation at Flagstaff

If you're willing to go up to $150, you may be able to get into the Embassy Suites in Flagstaff. They offer a full breakfast including eggs cooked to order (assuming you eat eggs?). I just checked a random date in the last week of September and they seem to be offering reduced rates that week for $147 (but consider tax that will not be reflected in the posted pricing). Another good option is the Hampton Inn & Suites on Beulah, south end of town not too far from the airport.

I don't consider train noise to be a big issue anymore since electronic signals were installed and on-board train horns silenced in town (with the exception of special emergency alerts because someone is being stupid near the tracks) a handful of years ago. If you're sensitive to noise, I'd suggest the area near US 89A and Woodlands Village Blvd. or the Embassy Suites would be the quieter areas. http://goo.gl/maps/syaNv

Santa Fe, New Mexico
reviews: 61
6. Re: Accommodation at Flagstaff

Should quiet and a good breakfast trump all else ... Little America at exit 198 should be your choice... carracar

Henderson, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Flagstaff, West Yellowstone
7. Re: Accommodation at Flagstaff

Little America is quiet and beautiful, however, it should be noted that breakfast will cost extra.

Evanston, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Page, Grand Canyon National Park
reviews: 82
8. Re: Accommodation at Flagstaff

Embassy Suites is a good choice, good location, and their breakfasts are made-to-order. Veggie options are usually plentiful (stayed at a few Embassy properties here and there).

I stayed at the Sonesta ES Suites last year on business and really enjoyed it too. It's an all-suite hotel, so rates will undoubtedly be higher than what you originally budgeted, but it does include hot breakfast. As long as you're OK with dairy products and/or eggs, your dietary requirements should not be a problem, but it never hurts to inform the staff in advance. The biggest downside to this particular property is its location. It's by the golf course, so getting back on the freeway will take a few minutes.

Kolkata, India
9. Re: Accommodation at Flagstaff

Hello Everyone and Thanks for your responses !! I am overwhelmed ... I researched all suggested options ... and have decided upon Embassy Suites .. I actually spoke with them .. and they offer unbelievably GOOD breakfasts !! with plenty of HOT VEGETARIAN options .. Thanks very much !!

And thanks MarianReader ... we in our country do not have hotels refusing check in to guests at any time of the night not even the most inexpensive hotels .. so I shall bear in mind to check this fact if I were to check in late at any hotel in USA ..

Thanks once again..

Kolkata, India
10. Re: Accommodation at Flagstaff

To add to my last post .. I got rates of $123 plus Taxes .. With Hot Breakfast for 4 people .. and free cancellation !!

Reply to: Accommodation at Flagstaff
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted