We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel with Suites with a seperate bedroom.

Which Flagstaff hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 4
Hotel with Suites with a seperate bedroom.

Have booked a room for two nights in Williams but I am having second thoughts. Does not appear that there is much to do and we were going to check out Flagstaff anyway before heading to Gran Canyon. Looking for help on a resonable Hotel suite with seperate bedroom. Have read the reviews just wondering if anyone had some additional insight.

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
reviews: 13
1. Re: Hotel with Suites with a seperate bedroom.

"Have read the reviews just wondering if anyone had some additional insight."

Additional insight on which hotel? I know the Little America has a few suites with separate bedrooms, not sure how much they run, though. What's your "reasonable" budget?

Edited: 6:28 pm, December 06, 2012
tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
reviews: 57
2. Re: Hotel with Suites with a seperate bedroom.

Change your plans and spend at least 2 nights in GCNP. If you do not already have reservations there, book now, and call them if there are no vacancies.

grandcanyonlodges.com

There are no suites with separate bedrooms in the park.

When is your trip?

Henderson, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Flagstaff, West Yellowstone
3. Re: Hotel with Suites with a seperate bedroom.

Embassy Suites is an all-suite hotel very near NAU and not far from Flagstaff.

Also the Sonesta Suites (formerly the Residence Inn) is on the east side and I just saw a deal on them through Groupon Getaways.

We used to stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites (near the Interchange of I-40 / I-17) in the suite rooms. Some have fireplaces, IIRC, and there is no need for the person(s) sleeping in the living area to enter the bedroom to get to the bathroom in the middle of the night (can't speak for the others).

Finally (as far as my own knowledge goes), there is a Wyndham timeshare resort in Flagstaff (east side). You can check availability at extraholidays.com as one option.

Edited: 9:46 pm, December 06, 2012
Henderson, Nevada
Destination Expert
4. Re: Hotel with Suites with a seperate bedroom.

Oops, I just realized that most of the Residence Inns (referring to what is now the Sonesta Suites) I have stayed at do not have a door separating the bedroom from the living area. Please don't take my listing it above as a statement that it, or any of the others, will suit your needs without checking for yourself.

reviews: 4
5. Re: Hotel with Suites with a seperate bedroom.

Thanks for the replies, I have booked a hotel in Flagstaff that has a suite that will work well for our family.

Dhamy

Evanston, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Page, Grand Canyon National Park
reviews: 82
6. Re: Hotel with Suites with a seperate bedroom.

Just expanding upon what Flagstaff Traveler indicated (I just got back from Flagstaff and stayed at the Sonesta ES Suites), Sonesta's single-bed rooms are like studio/efficiency apartments, so no doors separating the living/sleeping areas. The room I stayed in was like that, anyway. Some of these have sofa beds, but the extra person would have to walk through the sleeping area to get to the restroom. Their 2-bedroom suites do have doors separating the living/sleeping areas and 2 separate bathrooms according to the floorplan maps on the back of their brochure.

@dhamy - if you're going to the Grand Canyon as a day trip from Flagstaff, remember it's about 90 minutes drive each way, and be careful driving at night. It gets VERY dark up here (very little artificial light used) and wildlife like to congregate near the highways. That's one of several reasons why we tend to recommend that folks stay in the park or in Tusayan/GC Village South. But... if you can't find the type of hotel room you need there, then Flagstaff is certainly a viable alternative and day trips can be made easily to GC, Lake Powell, Sedona, just to name a few.

7. Re: Hotel with Suites with a seperate bedroom.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:35 pm, December 19, 2012
Henderson, Nevada
Destination Expert
8. Re: Hotel with Suites with a seperate bedroom.

connorysh, I've noticed that you have 3 posts and all three are touting Embassy Suites in one location or another.

TripAdvisor is not the place for self-promotion, which is what it appears you are doing.

If you'd like to contribute, please make sure it is balanced with general information and not a single topic of promotion for a particular company.

9. Re: Hotel with Suites with a seperate bedroom.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, December 21, 2013