We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

20 Years ago stayed at Howard Johnson in Flagstaff

Which Flagstaff hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane
reviews: 4
20 Years ago stayed at Howard Johnson in Flagstaff

I wonder if anyone can help me?

20 years ago stayed at Howard Johnson, I remember it was next to a ?service centre. It had an indoor pool, glass elevator and a huge fireplace on a mezzamine level.

I have looked at the 3 Howard Johnsons currently in Flagstaff and it is none of them.

Can anyone tell me if this motel still exists under another name?

Pleannig a trip in April 2013 and would like to revisit if possible.

Excuse me if you don't understand some of the terms I have used, put it down to Aussies English:)

Thanks.

Henderson, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Flagstaff, West Yellowstone
reviews: 57
1. Re: 20 Years ago stayed at Howard Johnson in Flagstaff

Hi,

I hope I can help you. I've only been a Flagstaff resident since 2001, so am not familiar with any property name changes prior to that.

Some more details, please:

Glass elevator- facing outdoors? Or inside?

What type of service center are you talking about? There is a question mark next to your words "service centre", so I'm not sure if there was a symbol there or if you meant for that to be there.

Do you recall what area of town it was in? What you might have been able to walk to from that point?

How many floors, approximately, in this hotel?

I don't have occasion to stay in a lot of hotels in my own city, as you can imagine, but have visited a few when friends or family come to town.

The properties I can think of right away which may fit are the

Embassy Suites Flagstaff (…hilton.com/en/…index.html)

Hampton Inn & Suites (…hilton.com/en/…index.html)

Radisson Woodlands Hotel: http://www.radisson.com/home/reservation/cityRateSearch.do?promotionalCode=&rateSearchForm.redemptionSearch=false&newSearch=true&city=Flagstaff&cityId=&country=&citySearchForm.countryAndState=US+AZ&rateSearchForm.checkinDate=11%2F15%2F2012&rateSearchForm.checkoutDate=11%2F16%2F2012&rateSearchForm.numberRooms=1&rateSearchForm.o%5B0%5D.a=1&rateSearchForm.o%5B0%5D.c=0&rateSearchForm.numberRooms=1&rateSearchForm.o%5B0%5D.a=1&rateSearchForm.o%5B0%5D.c=0&rateSearchForm.rmcCode=&rateSearchForm.crossBrandSearch=thisBrandOnly (the more I think about it, the more I think this might be the one. I would suggest checking recent reviews here on TA, though, as this property seems to be going downhill of late).

If none of the above seem to match up for you, please post back with as many details as you can recall. Or maybe someone else will remember it!

Edited: 12:13 pm, November 14, 2012
Henderson, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Flagstaff, West Yellowstone
reviews: 57
2. Re: 20 Years ago stayed at Howard Johnson in Flagstaff

A better link for the Radisson: http://www.flagstaffwoodlandshotel.com/

and again -

(the more I think about it, the more I think this might be the one. I would suggest checking recent reviews here on TA, though, as this property seems to be going downhill of late).

Edited: 12:15 pm, November 14, 2012
3. Re: 20 Years ago stayed at Howard Johnson in Flagstaff

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 am, December 16, 2013