We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food Trucks

Which Flagstaff hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Maryville, Tennessee
reviews: 139
Food Trucks

Are there any food trucks in the Flagstaff area and if so which ones would you recommend and where can I find them?

Thanks!

11 replies to this topic
Phoenix, Arizona
reviews: 27
1. Re: Food Trucks

That is a doozie of a question! You will need to look to FlagstaffTraveler for the answer to that one.

Henderson, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Flagstaff, West Yellowstone
reviews: 57
2. Re: Food Trucks

Not really a big food truck scene here that I can recommend. Interestingly. the Great Food Truck Race did film in Flagstaff awhile back and that episode recently aired.

I did see a new Sonoran Hot Dogs cart the other day. It was parked off of 4th street, I believe. Other than that, the only food trucks I've seen in town are the type that cater to construction workers, not the gourmet variety you'd see elsewhere.

If you'd like to tell me what type of cuisine you most enjoy, I can make some recommendations.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
reviews: 119
3. Re: Food Trucks

Best roadside food stands in northern AZ aren't the typical food trucks. But you'll see vendors selling varieties of jerky and on the Rez you can find some natives selling fry breads.

Maryville, Tennessee
reviews: 139
4. Re: Food Trucks

I saw the food truck episode recently which made me think about it. Thanks for the information!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
reviews: 119
5. Re: Food Trucks

They were going to film for a day in Sedona and canceled. Food trucks just aren't a big deal in northern AZ. Plenty to be found down in PHX and busier city environments.

Flagstaff and Sedona have plenty of great places for foodies. You'll find them inside of permanent structures.

6. Re: Food Trucks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:05 pm, December 05, 2012

Safford, Arizona
7. Re: Food Trucks

So, basically, is it that Flagstaff government isn't friendly for food trucks or is it that the target market doesn't support it?

Henderson, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Flagstaff, West Yellowstone
reviews: 57
8. Re: Food Trucks

I'm not aware of any prohibition against temporary food vendors. They're certainly prevalent at festivals, etc. I'd say it's more the demographic of the town and the fact that the population is not large. They certainly seem to do well at the festivals, when more people come out.

Safford, Arizona
9. Re: Food Trucks

Hmmmm well I need to do more research before I even consider doing a food truck with soul food. The number of permits and licenses seems to me to be a deterrent to new small businesses in Arizona.

Flagstaff, Arizona
10. Re: Food Trucks

Hi Michelle-How did your research go? Are you thinking about food trucking it? I don't get why street food wouldn't be a hit. Maybe we should team up.

Deborah

Reply to: Food Trucks
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted