We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Euro 2012 matches in Flagstaff and maybe Grand Canyon area?

Which Flagstaff hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 3
Euro 2012 matches in Flagstaff and maybe Grand Canyon area?

Hi everyone

Me and my girlfriend are desperate to watch the England 2012 football matches.

First one is Monday morning, 9am Arizona time. We'll be in Flagstaff or maybe further north around the Grand Canyon.

Any suggestions as to where we could watch the games? Yelp and Google are proving fruitless.

Cheers

London, United...
reviews: 3
11. Re: Euro 2012 matches in Flagstaff and maybe Grand Canyon area?

Hi everyone.

Thanks for your advice. I really appreciate it.

I'm in Flagstaff now and went into Collins & Maloney's on LeRoux. Both seemed to have ESPN (which is showing all the matches). Unfortunately, neither open until 11am. Fine for the Ireland match tomorrow but not for England on Monday.

But after a little walk around, we found Cafe Pickles on San Francisco which said they do have ESPN AND open at 8am. Success.

We're going tomorrow to watch the Spain game (we really do like soccer/football) so hopefully, it'll all work out for Monday.

And don't worry. Trips and extended hikes round the Grand Canyon are planned for next week.

Thanks again

West Yellowstone...
Destination Expert
for Flagstaff, West Yellowstone
reviews: 57
12. Re: Euro 2012 matches in Flagstaff and maybe Grand Canyon area?

Glad you sorted out your plans. Thanks for reporting back and enjoy your time in Flagstaff and beyond!

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
reviews: 42
13. Re: Euro 2012 matches in Flagstaff and maybe Grand Canyon area?

Hope England is doing better than our team. Lost against Denmark last night :( :(

Flagstaff
reviews: 23
14. Re: Euro 2012 matches in Flagstaff and maybe Grand Canyon area?

Actually, Flag does have a bar that opens early and when asked, the staff often switches television stations to whatever the patrons ask for. I was there at 8:15 a.m. and there were customers finishing their coffees.

I watched the England game at the "Pay n Take" which is a friendly local bar and store that also serves coffee in the morning. It's where I went to watch the Euro Cup a few years ago. It's across the street from the Orpheum. Great place as it also has free wifi and full selection of beers in their refrigeration section.

http://www.payntake.com/

Although not hidden, it's the kind of place where there are more locals than guests. I am sure the name has something to do with it's open-hidden nature. We love it.

15. Re: Euro 2012 matches in Flagstaff and maybe Grand Canyon area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:41 pm, June 20, 2013