We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flagstaff over Christmas

Which Flagstaff hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles
Flagstaff over Christmas

My husband and I are driving with our dog from LA to Flagstaff for Christmas, staying at the Residence Inn Marriott. Would we need chains around Flagstaff? Also, would appreciate suggestions re dog friendly places to visit.

Grand Canyon...
1. Re: Flagstaff over Christmas

Can't predict the weather that exactly, but if you have chains, bring them. You'll be at 7,000'.

I think Flagstaff has a dog park. You might check the chamber of commerce website.

Flagstaff, Arizona
reviews: 7
2. Re: Flagstaff over Christmas

Chains are rarely required, but a good idea. Last year late Dec. early Jan. we got 3ft in less than 36 hours, so you never know. There are two dog parks, Barkmaster at Bushmaster Park, and one at Thorpe, with an AKC course. Both are 1.5 Acres or so. There is a dog bakery Paws for Pasteries. This is one of the most dog friendly towns I have ever been to. Macy's European Coffee House on Beaver St. almost always has a dog out front. Dogs are welcome downtown, while walking around. Have fun and dress warm! Night temps can get around zero at their lowest.

Williams, Arizona
reviews: 17
3. Re: Flagstaff over Christmas

Also if your 4 legged family members aren't used to the cold might get a doggie coat for them. My chihuahua freezes durring the winter and is always dressed for the occasion. The two bark parks are the only ones I know of and feel free to take them down town. And if you are here for New Years come down town to Charlies (aka the Weatherford Hotel) and watch our pine cone drop at midnight kind of cheezy but fun.

Williams, Arizona
reviews: 17
4. Re: Flagstaff over Christmas

Just an update on our weather. Today's high was a balmy 61deg F. No chains or special vehicles needed. Heck no jacket really needed. Even saw a few crazy locals in shorts.