We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wupatki National Monument vs Walnut Canyon National Monument

Which Flagstaff hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
reviews: 21
Wupatki National Monument vs Walnut Canyon National Monument

Has anyone seen any of these two? Which is better between the two? Is it possible to see both on the same day?

Athens, Alabama
reviews: 336
1. Re: Wupatki National Monument vs Walnut Canyon National Monument

Don't know about Walnut Canyon but we were at Wupatki in May. You won't need more than a couple of hours there at most. Sinc they are not that far away from one another I wouldn't see any reason you couldn't do them both in a day. You can easily do Waputki and Sunset Volcano in 1/2 day since they are nearly adjacent to one another.

Colchester UK
2. Re: Wupatki National Monument vs Walnut Canyon National Monument

Hi

I've been to both, or should I say all three, and I agree with coastermeister you can do all three, including Sunset Crater Volcano, easily within one day, particularly if you base yourself in Flagstaff.

Enjoy

Tony

Athens, Alabama
reviews: 336
3. Re: Wupatki National Monument vs Walnut Canyon National Monument

I know a lot of people want to stay right on the rim of the canyon but Flagstaff was a great base camp for seeing all of northern AZ.

san francisco
reviews: 2
4. Re: Wupatki National Monument vs Walnut Canyon National Monument

I've been to both. You can see both in a day, per the previous posters, but if for some reason you are limited, I would pick Walnut Canyon. The ruins are not as well-preserved (restored) but the physical setting is much prettier.

Los Angeles...
5. Re: Wupatki National Monument vs Walnut Canyon National Monument

I would probably do both. But I have one more question: Do you think I would still have time to catch the Starlight Tour at the Verde Canyon Railroad if I do the Wupatki National Monument and Walnut Canyon National Monument? Thanks again.

Los Angeles...
6. Re: Wupatki National Monument vs Walnut Canyon National Monument

I would probably do both. But I have one more question: Do you think I would still have time to catch the Starlight Tour at the Verde Canyon Railroad if I do the Wupatki National Monument and Walnut Canyon National Monument? Thanks again.