We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4th of July in Flag?

Which Flagstaff hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
reviews: 26
4th of July in Flag?

Hello Flagstaff Experts, i have heard that the 4th of July parade and the Pops Concert at the Amphitheater on the 3rd are great...any advice for visitors...or a link with additional details? Have you heard if there will be any fireworks this year? Thanks for your help.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
reviews: 134
1. Re: 4th of July in Flag?

Closest fireworks will be at Tempe Town Lake in Tempe, near PHX. No fireworks in northern AZ. Too much fire danger.

Williams, Arizona
reviews: 17
2. Re: 4th of July in Flag?

No word on restrictions for fireworks yet. But the good news is that there hasn't been any major forrest closures so thats a good sign. And to be quite honest with you A lot of folks from Flagstaff come to Williams for the fireworks. Ours are just a heck of a lot better(more money put into the show)... I heard that they are starting to charge people in Flagstaff who go to the country club to watch. Think that started last year. Or so I was told.

The daily sun (www.azdailysun.com) should have some info twards the end of the month.

If interested in Williams our fireworks are launched from Gonzales Lake but you can park at the baseball field or the elementary school. Take the 2nd exit has the McDonalds.

The Parade in Flagstaff is great. I've had to be in it the past 5 years because of where I work but hopefully this year I get to watch.

There are also some pro rodeos coming to town as well.

www.flagstaff.cc/index.cfm…

Don't forget about the Music Festival downtown June 23-*24

July 3rd (tues) is the Pine Mountain Amphitheater presents the Flagstaff Symphony Orchestra, 774-5535

Los Lonley Boys is also scheduled to play on Augest 22

I'm sure there is a ton more but this is what I have so far.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
reviews: 134
3. Re: 4th of July in Flag?

Thanks dragonflylady. I had forgotten about Williams fireworks. Again assuming no fire danger.

Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
4. Re: 4th of July in Flag?

good info on Williams fireworks...i'll bet they do a super job, thanks for the help.

Flagstaff, Arizona
5. Re: 4th of July in Flag?

Fireworks in Flagstaff HAVE NOT been canceled....

...they are still scheduled to take place at the Country Club on the East side.

The Fire Department has not ordered them stopped as of this date - but that could change if the fire danger increases in the next few weeks.

Vancouver...
reviews: 24
6. Re: 4th of July in Flag?

I remember as a Kid in Flagstaff, some 50 years ago, there was an Indian Pow-Wow over 4th of July. It was alot of fun. Dancing, food, a rodeo. It has been a long time since then. When did it stop and why? Any body know? Thanks. Chuck...

7. Re: 4th of July in Flag?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:23 am, September 03, 2009