We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Restaurant In Town

Which Murfreesboro hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Santa Rosa Beach...
reviews: 91
Best Restaurant In Town

Demos' (pronounced De'-mos-ses) is the best restaurant in Murfreesboro without a doubt. It has been a local award winner for several years, and is a favorite place for a diversified menu among the locals. It is competitively priced. You could probably spend more at a national chain fast food place and get far less in food quality. Spaghetti to seafood. Lunch specials everyday for under $5.00 and service that is unmatched. The owners of this restaurant "got it". They used common sense combined with good food, excellent service and concern for their customers.

Parties of five or more are no real problem for them, since that have one area of the restaurant especially designated for this purpose. They have built a huge following of "regulars".

Nashville, TN
reviews: 2
1. Re: Best Restaurant In Town

I have recently moved to Murfreesboro from Nashville. I routinely eat out about 9 or 10 meals a week. I have tried many restaurants in Murfreesboro and would definitely not concur with the Tnflaman. I have eaten at Demos a half dozen times. I must say that the service is superb. Some of the lunch specials are very good...but some I've had were not. The food overall is mediocre.

One of my favorite all around restaurants in Murfreesboro is Puebleo's. The loaf of bread they bring to your table is freshly baked and delicious. The menu has a fabulous variety of unique and yummy dishes. As far as atmosphere it wins hands down...its bright and tastefully decorated and the mellow jazz they play is so relaxing. It's not as inexpensive as Demos but fairly reasonably priced.

My absolute favorite place to eat in Murfreesboro is Chef Wangs, located just a few doors down from Demos. The selection is incredible, the quality is remarkably high (especially for the price) and you get everything from soup to dessert for one low price. The screaming hot deal is for seniors from 2pm to 4pm Monday through Thursday: 30% off.

There are some great new restaurants in Murfreesboro also...these are fairly pricey but nice for a special treat. The fish at Bonefish is marvelous and so fresh!

I would love to hear other peoples comments about where they like to dine in "the Boro". Anyone?

Gastronomically yours in the Boro

Nashville, TN
reviews: 12
2. Re: Best Restaurant In Town

The new Kirkenburt's Smokehouse & Grill is great! It's off Cason Lane near Old Fort Parkway. Unbelievable portions, great prices and scrumptious food.

Coconut Bay has a really good selection and very reasonable prices, although you might want to avoid it on the weekends unless you're a college student.

For downhome cooking, KleerVu Cafeteria on Highland gets my vote. It's a madhouse there around lunchtime, especially on Fridays. I haven't found anywhere in Rutherford County that can touch Kleervu in the Meat & Three category.

murfreesboro
3. Re: Best Restaurant In Town

Murfreesboro is overrun with corporate restaurants. Please do your best to seek out the few places that are owned by real people that live in Murfreesboro. A few examples......Lunch at Kleer-Vu is hands down one of the best southern soul food cafeterias in the south. Busters has the best Burgers. The Parthenon is probably one of the most overlooked fine dining restaurants in town. Five Senses is fabulous with out a doubt. The Maple Street Grill on the square has a wonderful authentic cuban sandwich. For Mediterranean cravings check out Tarboosh. I recommend the grape leaves, babganoush, and turkish coffee. We are also blessed with Bang-Kok cafe, some of the freshest Thai I've ever had. Others worth mentioning, Bo Bo (chinese), Slick Pig BBQ, The Front Porch Cafe, Marina's, The Clay Pit (indian), Fiesta Acapulco (mexican), and Casa Burrito (mexican). Down with all the corporate chains...eat local!

murfreesboro
4. Re: Best Restaurant In Town

1. Five Senses (Sunday brunch is best!!)

2. Pei Wei (new on Thompson Lane)

3. Carrabba's (incredible portions and drink specials)

murfreesboro
5. Re: Best Restaurant In Town

1. Five Senses (Sunday brunch is best!!)

2. Pei Wei (new on Thompson Lane)

3. Carrabba's (incredible portions and drink specials)

Murfreesboro
6. Re: Best Restaurant In Town

Demos' is clearly the best deal you can get in town. There are some items on the menu I like, but the menu is so diverse that you can be in the mood for anything, and gte what you want. Service is without a doubt the best in town, and the pricing is better than fast food.

Stay away from their other restaurant Toot's. Toot's wants to be like a bar and want to be like a Shoneys family restaurant. You can't have both. They also don't give specials to go and are usually rude. They want to charge you for everything as it all is a la carte. I do not know how the same owners can produce two different kinds of places.

TNbeauty22
7. Re: Best Restaurant In Town

TOOT'S IS THE BEST!

no doubt!! i've been going there for twelve years both of my sister's 1st restaurants! GREAT portions! LOW prices! And they aren't trying to be a bar and a shoney's all in one! You just went at the wrong time! Kids love it! GREAT service! Nice staff! and not to mention they have THE BEST WINGS EVER!!

BTW! my dad went to culinary school. And he's a chef, and of course we only go to restaurants he approves of! and we go to toot's at least once a week!! SO GO! don't trust the advice of some of these people! trust the CHEF'S DAUGHTER!

Terre Haute, Indiana
reviews: 141
8. Re: Best Restaurant In Town

KleerVU--YUM! My husband and I were in Murfreesboro last year and ate lunch at the KleerVu thanks to Tripadvisor. We're heading back this week and are already anticipating another good meal there! The food was delicious, prices right...and loved the cornbread (we're Yanks so it was a real treat for us).

Brentwood, Tennessee
reviews: 33
9. Re: Best Restaurant In Town

I worked at Toot's while going to college in Murfreesboro and still crave the food. It says a lot about a restaurant when you can actually stomach the food after working there for a while. They have the best wing sauce I've ever had, and there are so many other good items on the menu. It's fairly cheap, too.

murfreesboro
10. Re: Best Restaurant In Town

I am an MTSU student and love the Golden Eagle near The Avenue. You make it yourself and it is great! Marina's and City Cafe in downtown Murf are great also. Moe's is on our tope 5 list, we love the homewrecker burrito!

Get answers to your questions about Murfreesboro