We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Night life "lite"

Which Murfreesboro hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Indianapolis, IN
Level Contributor
121 posts
24 reviews
Night life "lite"

I'm planning on staying a night in Murfreesboro in May on my way to Florida and am looking for a family activity for the evening. Any ideas?

I'm going to stay at the Hampton Inn with outdoor pool--is it warm enough in Murfreesboro in May to swim outdoors?

Murfreesboro, TN
Level Contributor
210 posts
32 reviews
1. Re: Night life "lite"

The weather will probably be around 70-80 degrees in early May, and 80-85 in late May, so it should be warm enough to swim. However, the water might be a bit chilly to swim outdoors, unless the pool's heated. I have been swimming here around Memorial Day, though, and the pool wasn't terribly cold.

As far as night-time family activities, there is a movie theater near your hotel. There is also a nice, open-air shopping area called The Avenue nearby. There are several restaurants in the area as well.

Murfreesboro, TN
2 posts
2. Re: Night life "lite"

I would suggest a movie or putt-putt golf, which are both very near your hotel. Just ask the front desk for directions.

You can also check out the Murfreesboro Square. Beautiful at night and you can walk around and find a good local eatery. I suggest Marina's or Tomato Tomato on the square.

There is also bowling fairly close.

What kinds of activites were you looking for?

It has been a really unusually cold May, so I would not suggest a swim outdoors as of yet. Lows in the 50's many times at night.

3. Re: Night life "lite"

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 am, September 25, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Murfreesboro