We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging? Dinning? Things To Do? Help Me Please ;)

Which Murfreesboro hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Augusta, Georgia
Lodging? Dinning? Things To Do? Help Me Please ;)

I'll be in Murfreesboro the first week of November and need some advice on lodging, Dinning, and things to do.

I have been looking at staying at the Ramada, Any Comments?

I Like to eat, and am a well seasoned traveler. As I am traveling solo this time, spices are not a problem. I have read other posts regarding several resturants for BBQ, and the like, but what else is there available?

I work till late in the afternoon and am an advide photographer (Hobbiest). What is there to do and see?

I know these to be very brand ranging questions, but "Any Advice" would be greatly appriciated:)

Thanks In Advance

Duncan, South...
reviews: 7
1. Re: Lodging? Dinning? Things To Do? Help Me Please ;)

The newer section on Murfreesboro is on the southern side. If you're looking to take pictures I would suggest a trip to Nashville or maybe to Shelbyville to view the walking horse farms. Lynchburg is home the the Jack Daniels Distillery.

Mike

Augusta, Georgia
2. Re: Lodging? Dinning? Things To Do? Help Me Please ;)

Hoping for some additional advice so i'll Bump this up:)

Murfreesboro, TN
3. Re: Lodging? Dinning? Things To Do? Help Me Please ;)

I don't think you will like the Ramada. The area is under major road construction, near the railroad tracks and the hotel is old. Below is the web address to the Rutherford County Chamber of Commerce which has a visitor's section as well as the city of Murfreesboro http://www.rutherfordchamber.org http://www.murfreesborotn.gov

You will find a listing for hotels at exit 78 off of I-24 which has newer hotels and is close to several restaurants such as Bonefish, The Chop House, Longhorn, Outback, Red Lobster, O'Charley's, Applebee's, Don Pablo's, Sante Fe, Milano's Italian restaurant. There are other chain restaurants on Broad St.

We have the Stones River Battlefield, the Oaklands Historic House Museum and Middle Tennessee State University. There are several historic homes on Main Street and the public square where you will also find more hole in the wall type of restaurants like B.McNeels, Maple Street Grill, Wall Street, Front Porch Cafe, Marina's and Bluesboro . In nearby Smyrna, you can see the Sam Davis Home.

Tn
reviews: 8
4. Re: Lodging? Dinning? Things To Do? Help Me Please ;)

I do not know if you could make it to Falls Creek Falls before dark. Are you driving home? You could stop on your way. It is a beatiful park with water falls.

Ohio
reviews: 18
5. Re: Lodging? Dinning? Things To Do? Help Me Please ;)

I have been to Murfreesboro twice. We just got back yesterday. We ate at Jim N Nick's BBQ and it was great. Kind of pricey for lunch, but you get a lot of food. We also ate at Carraba's for dinner(italian). It was very good also and the staff was very pleasant. I would highly recommend Stones River National Battlefield also if you like history. I would also recommend traveling the 1/2 hour to Nashville you could get some awesome pictures.

Augusta, Georgia
6. Re: Lodging? Dinning? Things To Do? Help Me Please ;)

Thanks to all whom have replied to date. I am making a list of attractions and resturants from all the replies.

I am not a big fan of the chain resturants and eat at them as a last resort, preferring to eat at the local places always looking for that something special to tickle the palate.

Good Pork BBQ is a love of mine, so any suggestions would be great.

Thanks again :)

Augusta, Georgia
7. Re: Lodging? Dinning? Things To Do? Help Me Please ;)

Hoping for some additional advice so i'll Bump this up:)

Murfreesboro, TN
8. Re: Lodging? Dinning? Things To Do? Help Me Please ;)

You can try Firehouse Market and BBQ at 8121 Woodbury Pike in Readyville, TN. They are just outside of M'boro. There is also Slick Pig on E. Main in Murfreesboro.

9. Re: Lodging? Dinning? Things To Do? Help Me Please ;)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 pm, September 12, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Murfreesboro