We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best barbecue?

Which Murfreesboro hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Terre Haute, Indiana
reviews: 141
Best barbecue?

In short, where is the best BBQ in Murfreesboro?

Gainesville, Georgia
reviews: 337
1. Re: Best barbecue?

meet he pope! but i hope you are not ofended by the outside. it's not much to look at, but once inside you'll know.

Terre Haute, Indiana
reviews: 141
2. Re: Best barbecue?

Is the Pope better than the Slick Pig?

Gainesville, Georgia
reviews: 337
3. Re: Best barbecue?

to be sure try them both an let me know what you thought! we only went to pope an it was excellent. just what we were looking for.

Murfreesboro, TN
reviews: 29
4. Re: Best barbecue?

We have several BBQ places around here. My favorites are Slick Pig and Goff's, but people's preferences when it comes to BBQ seem to be as different as people themselves! Everyone is different.

Goff's is actually a convenience store located on Thompson Lane, but they have some of the best BBQ around. It's not a place to sit and eat, so you'll need to get it to go. The best thing about Goff's is the excellent sauce.

Slick Pig is good, but tends to be on the dry side for my taste. I do love their smoked chicken wings, though. Nothing like them anywhere else in Murfreesboro.

There is also a new restaurant called Jim-N-Nick's. It's a chain that started in Birmingham. I went to school in B'ham and ate there all the time, so I was glad when they opened one here. I think they have great BBQ, but it is definitely on the pricier side.

We also have a Corky's, which is Memphis-based. Not my favorite, but decent.

Pope Taylor's (mentioned by another poster) is pretty good. I do remember that the first time I tried it, I was disappointed. Growing up here, I always heard about Pope Taylor's BBQ, but I was underwhelmed. I think Goff's is better.

We also have a couple of Whitt's BBQ locations. It's pretty good, actually. They have some good turkey BBQ, which is, of course, lower in fat than your standard pulled pork BBQ.

Our newest BBQ restaurant is called Kirkenburt's. They have about the best brisket I've ever had. I've been meaning to go back there to get some more b/c it's so good.

Enjoy the BBQ, wherever you end up going!

Luxora, Arkansas
5. Re: Best barbecue?

If you want good bbq in Tennessee, you have to go to Memphis. You can't beat the ORIGINAL Corky's there. The chains, like the one in M'boro, just aren't the same as the original! My daughter live in M'boro and seems to like the Slick Pig for bbq.

Brentwood, Tennessee
reviews: 33
6. Re: Best barbecue?

I haven't tried them all, but I used to eat at Slick Pig all the time and LOVED it. They also have really great smoked chicken wings that are the best I've ever had.

Murfreesboro, TN
7. Re: Best barbecue?

Goff's would have to be the best..... followed by Kirkenburts or jim and nick The only issues with Goff's is seating and maybe how the place looks..... close your eyes and eat, it's amazing. Kirkenburts is good but you do not feel like you got your money's worth, small portions of everything sides come in small plastic cups. Jim N Nicks is a larger chain but still very good pulled pork sandwich on sourdough with smashed pot. and white gravy, may favorite. There are other local favorites like slick pig and pope's they are all good but I prefer the others.

8. Re: Best barbecue?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:20 am, September 25, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Murfreesboro