We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Three Rivers is pricey!

Which Three Rivers hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
636 posts
133 reviews
Three Rivers is pricey!

Planning a trip to Sequoia and have a plan to stay near the Park (south entrance) the night before. The general recommendation seems to be to stay in Three Rivers, but accommodation in the area looks to be rather pricey for what it is (the best hotel in Three Rivers only gets 4/5 on TA). For 30-40 bucks less, I can stay 20 miles down the road in Exeter, and for 60-70 bucks less, I can stay 40 miles away in Porterville.

Apart from the location, is there any good reason to stay in Three Rivers, given that I'll be getting there pretty late, and leaving very early the next day. Also, I'll be staying in Sequoia the next night, so the extra travel time to Seki will only happen once.

2 replies to this topic
Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
27,983 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: Three Rivers is pricey!

Interesting. My AAA Tour Guide lists seven lodgings, and all but one show rates starting at less than $100.

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
636 posts
133 reviews
2. Re: Three Rivers is pricey!

Ah yes, "starting". My problem is that I'll be visiting in June so everything gets a premium. For example, Lazy J right now will cost $137, Buckeye for $154. But the Best Western in Exeter is only $92 (AAA rates) and in Porterville $82 (adv.booking). I slightly overstated the savings (forgot about taxes), but still.

Reply to: Three Rivers is pricey!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted