We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Three Rivers

Which Three Rivers hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 1
Three Rivers

Hello

I will be travelling with my sister and 2 children (ages 16 and 13) to Sequoia National Park. I will be honoring my late husband's request to spread his ashes among the earth's greatest natural wonders. We will be in California from August 6th through the 12th, and my concern is that my teenagers will get "antsy" after a few days (in spite of the beauty around us). Can anyone suggest some itineraries or activities in Northern California if a week turns out to be too long to stay in one place? Is there anything I should avoid, or conversely, absolutely must do? Thanks for your help.

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 1,030
1. Re: Three Rivers

I'd suggest 3 days in Sequoia to honor your late husband and then continue to Yosemite to enjoy Yosemite Valley. Sequoia and Kings Canyon are very nice but after a few days the teenagers will probably want to move on. Best to you and your family.

San Luis Obispo, CA
2. Re: Three Rivers

Shaver Lake is located about half-way to Yosemite Park and east of Fresno -though a couple of hours out of the way. The summer weekends find live music outdoors and great swimming, fishing, good food, and beautiful views -with teens galore.