We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Three Rivers dining

Which Three Rivers hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Three Rivers dining

I'm planning to be in Three Rivers for two nights in June 2010 to visit Giant Sequoia NM and Kings Canyon NP. It looks like there’s good quality accommodation, but having viewed the restaurant comments, dining quality seems to start off average and then go downhill rapidly! I was beginning to wonder whether Three Rivers was the best place to stay in the area. I’d be grateful for any guidance.

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
1. Re: Three Rivers dining

Three Rivers is a small town (less than 3000 residents) so dining choices are very limited.

Its been a year or two since I had dinner there, that time I had a decent (not great) meal at River View Restaurant but we loved the view of the river from the table.

Inside Sequoia, the Wuksachi Lodge Restaurant does a good job with their food. So you might consider stopping there before returning to your hotel. There is also a good outdoor BBQ nightly in summer at Wolverton Meadows (ribs, chicken, hot dogs, hamburgers, etc)

You'll find the best dining choices in the area in Visalia. Wide range of choices including some upscale places in its downtown like the Vintage Press or Cafe 225.

Visalia would be about a 30 minute drive from Three Rivers.

Many lodging choices in Visalia also but you would need to decide how an extra 30 minute drive each way impacts the things you want to do each day.

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
10,514 posts
87 reviews
2. Re: Three Rivers dining

When like the We Three Bakery at 43368 Sierra Drive (Main Road, left hand side as you go down the mountain). Great burgers and bakery items. When it's open, that is. It's a little further down the road than the River View.

These are remote places, we're always happy to see food. Visalia has better food? I would love to hear some recommendations for Visalia. We almost always eat in the park - and Wuksachi is the only restaurant we've tried. We usually eat a picnic or at the snack bar at Lodgepole. Spending more time in the park, dipping our feet in the Lodgepole, that's a fine place for a meal.

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
3. Re: Three Rivers dining

Cookie, I don't know what you are looking for in terms of type of food. But let me give you a few ideas around Visalia to consider.

In Downtown Visalia (just 2 blocks off Highway 198) check out these. I've had good meals at all of them:

Another good stop is smokehouse BBQ from Granny & Papa's. Takeout and use it for a picnic. Its only 1 mile south of Highway 198 on Demaree Street.

Level Contributor
30,480 posts
803 reviews
4. Re: Three Rivers dining

Cafe 225 and Vintage Press are our favorites in Visalia. :)

5. Re: Three Rivers dining

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:23 am, February 11, 2010