We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which motel in Three Rivers

Which Three Rivers hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 62
Which motel in Three Rivers

Hi again

We now think we will have time to stop in Sequoia but are really not sure which motel to choose. We though about the Buckeye Tree Lodge, but some reviews indicate it may be a little faded around the edges. Any thoughts on the Lazy J - it has some good reviews from last year, but we've never stayed at a Best Value Inn before and am not sure about the quality. The Sequoia River Dance B and B looks lovely but we have two 17 year olds in tow and I think they would want a pool. Any input would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
reviews: 5
1. Re: Which motel in Three Rivers

AAA rates the Comfort Inn highest of its listings in Three Rivers. It has a pool., sauna, exercise room, coin laundry (and high speed wireless internet) Continental breakfast included. (559) 561-9000. Rates look very reasonable. go to aaa.com

Good Luck.

Sunnyvale...
Destination Expert
for San Jose
reviews: 94
2. Re: Which motel in Three Rivers

I stayed at Sierra Lodge at Three Rivers for three nights last Thanksgiving. I thought it was a pretty good deal. 43175 Sierra Dr, Three Rivers, CA. 559-561-3681.

It's just a couple miles from the Sequoia NP boundary--very convenient.

I don't know what happened to the review I posted of the place but should probably try again soon.

London, United...
3. Re: Which motel in Three Rivers

Thank you both for your help - I will check those motels out. I think I will probably hang on for a week on two as well, in case any more recent reviews come up for Three Rivers. Once again, many thanks.

Santa Ana, CA
reviews: 12
4. Re: Which motel in Three Rivers

I've stayed at the Buckeye Tree Lodge many, many times over the last 10 or 20 years, I wouldn't stay anywhere else. It sits right on the edge of the river, The water comes crashing down the mountain in the spring and early summer and the boulders in the riverbed are the size of cars and houses. It's as loud as the ocean waves crashing. There is a large grassy area next to the river and my wife and I take the chairs out there for cheese, crackers, wine, whatever. There's a real nice restaurant next door that sits perched on the river's edge. Fantastic when outdoor siting.

I'm over age 50 now and also a little faded around the edges so it doesn't bother me.

If you decide to go there ask for a room near the office that has the grass lawn between the rooms and the river. Also ask if the pool is heated.

London, United...
5. Re: Which motel in Three Rivers

Thanks Danny, your reply made me smile - my husband and I are also in our 50's and we certainly feel 'faded around the edges' at times too!! I appreciate all your comments - it does sound lovely.

orange county
reviews: 71
6. Re: Which motel in Three Rivers

Hi folks, Don't know if you already left but thought i'd respond. We stayed at the Buckey last Monday on April 9 and thought it was great.Like others have said it'sa little old but it's clean and has the best location you can find. I'm still dreaming about that crashing river outside my room. Nice friendly staff and a good restaurant next door. If your expecting the Hilton don't bother, but if your going for the "mountain experience" you can't do better than the Buckeye. Hope this helps.

London, United...
7. Re: Which motel in Three Rivers

Thanks Ragsdad

Really appreciate your comments - we do not go until August. Thanks to yourself and other comments, it does sound ideal - we are not 'Hilton' type people and prefer rustic as long as it is very clean. Thanks once again

London, United...
8. Re: Which motel in Three Rivers

Hi Guys

Have booked 2 rooms at the Buckeye - they sound lovely people.

We have booked two adjoining rooms upstairs as those rooms had the configoration we needed (we have two 17 year olds who want a bed each in their room). I really wanted ones that opened onto lawns but hopefully these rooms are just as nice.

Thanks to everyone in helping me decide.

9. Re: Which motel in Three Rivers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, August 30, 2009