We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's around Agoura Hills?

Which Thousand Oaks hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Level Contributor
88 posts
15 reviews
What's around Agoura Hills?

Hi All- I will be staying at the Sheraton, Agoura Hills during my visit to Amgen next Thu-Sat. Wondering what all is around the hotel's location that would keep me entertained during the evenings. I do plan on renting a car on Sat and driving down to LA, but in the absence of a car on the first two days, is there much else to do in that neighborhood though?

Thanks!

5 replies to this topic
DC
Level Contributor
1,710 posts
1 review
1. Re: What's around Agoura Hills?

I stayed there a few months ago. Without a car you'll be limited. There are a few restaurants across the road from the hotel. I went to a brewpub there (I don't remember its name) and it was pretty good.

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
9,875 posts
17 reviews
2. Re: What's around Agoura Hills?

As mentioned, not much around the area, as already mentioned.

One fun thing to do is check out what's playing t the Canyon Club. Great venue I see a concert and the food is good. It's almost like a supper club.

What dates will you be visiting? Need help with Thousand Oaks?

Dr. Z

..... In SF....

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
8,665 posts
381 reviews
3. Re: What's around Agoura Hills?

How will you get to your hotel? How will you get from there to Amgen? Why won't you have a car the whole time? Not a bad area if you have a car (drive to various beaches, Santa Barbara, etc.), but without a car, tough. Go to the hotel's Web site and look at "Location and Maps." It lists shopping, and other attractions in the area. Ask the hotel if they have a shuttle to restaurants outside the hotel. sheratonagourahills.com/calabasas-area-resta…

Edited: 4:57 pm, August 16, 2013
Boston...
Level Contributor
88 posts
15 reviews
4. Re: What's around Agoura Hills?

Thanks folks!

Drill- I will be there Aug 22 thru' 25th (flying out that noon).

Sutter- Amgen is providing me limo service from LAX to the hotel, and then pick up-drop off service from the hotel to Amgen during the week, which is why it doesn't make much sense for me to get a car for the first couple days. Saturday, the 24th, I will be on my own though, and that's when I would be renting a car and driving down to LA. Thanks for that link, very helpful

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
10,563 posts
86 reviews
5. Re: What's around Agoura Hills?

Amgen wants you to stay close by.

Dr Z, is there any bus service that goes between Canyon Club and Agoura HIlls/Sheraton area? Might be worth a taxi if someone worthwhile is playing. It's a pretty eclectic mix of entertainers there.

Agoura Hills is a giant, spread out "bedroom community" with lots of chain restaurants and some local places too (but I have no idea where locals consider the epicenter of Agoura Hills to be). But if you had a car, you could see beaches or run over to Malibu for sushi or something.

Reply to: What's around Agoura Hills?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted