We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel choice

Which Santa Fe hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Quebec City, Canada
reviews: 190
hotel choice

Hello everyone,

We plan on spending two days in Santa Fe around the end of May. I don't want to pay more than $100 a night for a motel or a hotel. I was thinking about staying in Comfort Inn or Econolodge as I love Choice hotels and I earn points. But they are both on Cerillos Road. I was happy with that until I read somewhere that Cerillos Road was a terrible place. I was surprised as so many good hotels are on that road. So, please tell me, what is so terrible about Cerillos Road? Of course, I know it would be best and a lot nicer to stay at the Plaza but I think the hotels are well over $100 dollars there.

As Santa Fe is a city to visit by foot, I suppose there are parking lots near downtown to park our car, right?

I would also like to do a guided tour by bus/trolley. Which company would you advise me? Custom tours by Clarice? Loretto line tram tours?

Thank you so much in advance

7 replies to this topic
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
reviews: 34
1. Re: hotel choice

Cerrillos Rd is our chain lodging and dining area. Just fine to stay. There are plenty of parking lots near the Plaza downtown.

Texas
reviews: 140
2. Re: hotel choice

Agree with CasaAzul. No problem with Cerillos Rd.

Quebec City, Canada
3. Re: hotel choice

Thank you so much for the answers!

Amarillo, Texas
reviews: 9
4. Re: hotel choice

Cerrillos Rd. is like a main road and very long. We have been visiting Santa Fe for 20 plus years and always have stayed at the Comfort Inn not the Comfort Suites. Comfort Inn is at the very end of Santa Fe on Cerrillos, and is close to the outlet mall and the regular mall. It is at the opposite end of Cerrillos, from the Plaza. If you want to be closer to the Plaza in Santa Fe, then choose the Comfort Suites, but if driving is not an issue to you, choose the Comfort Inn. Comfort Suite is closer to the Plaza but not walking distance.

Edited: 4:30 pm, April 27, 2014
Quebec City, Canada
5. Re: hotel choice

Hello tsth,

Thank you for your advice and the information! As we have our own car, we will probably choose Comfort Inn if they still have a room for us.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
reviews: 34
6. Re: hotel choice

Near the Comfort Inn on south Cerrillos are some fun restaurants. The Ranch House, Horseman's Haven, Blue Corn Cafe, Plaza Cafe Southside.

Quebec City, Canada
7. Re: hotel choice

Thank you, CasaAzul!

Reply to: hotel choice
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted