We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swimming Hole near San Antonio?

Which San Antonio hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Christchurch, New...
Swimming Hole near San Antonio?

Going to San Antonio in August and since it will be extremely hot when I go the idea of being able to jump into a swimming hole somewhere is extremely appealing. Alas I am limited by having no car and therefore reliant on public transport or likely a very pricey taxi ride to get to one. Are there any easily accessible watering holes near San Antonio or any that Greyhound would service? I don't mind a long bus trip if it means I can visit one.

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock
reviews: 47
1. Re: Swimming Hole near San Antonio?

in walking distance of downtown is the city of SA- San Pedro Park/Springs

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g60956-d27…

check out MegaBus...you can take a bus from downtown SA to Austin for a mere $5. cheap! ..once there you can determine local bus or taxi to Barton Springs...very popular and famous swimming place... you can ask on the Austin board about public transportation. If you have the time for a day trip, I would suggest it!

Edited: 1:49 am, March 17, 2014
Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock
reviews: 47
2. Re: Swimming Hole near San Antonio?

http://us.megabus.com/

I've done this trip..nice, modern buses. Bus locations are not standard platforms..they merely use a surface parking lot for arrival/departures.

you may also wish to try couchsurfing.com in Austin or SA...you can find basic accommodation with a younger person....this would allow you to stay over Austin if you like

Edited: 1:52 am, March 17, 2014
texas
reviews: 24
3. Re: Swimming Hole near San Antonio?

New Braunfels Landa Park. Half the distance to Austin.Would still need a bus there though.

San Antonio, Texas
reviews: 573
4. Re: Swimming Hole near San Antonio?

Bus trip . . . h-m-m-m? Barton Springs and Landa are certainly two good options. Also the city tube chute in New Braunfels. Jacobs Well (tour required) and he Blue Hole in Wimberley is outstanding, but not too sure about bus service. San Marcos also has several parks where the river runs though it. Blanco State Park has a nice little dam and swimming area. Also not sure about bus service for Zedler Mill in Lulling, or Guadalupe State Park off of Hwy 46 and Blanco Rd.

With a little research, I am sure one of these would fit the bill. Or you might just try San Pedro Park and spring fed swimming pool. It's a lovely park and public swimming spot said to be the second oldest in the nation. It is across from San Antonio College just north of downtown on San Pedro.

5. Re: Swimming Hole near San Antonio?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 26, 2015
Get answers to your questions about San Antonio